Hi there!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake_133

Reaction score
Hi there.
I'm Jake, 19 and from Melksham, Wiltshire.
I have a Capsicum Red, Twingo 133. it's the Renaultsport one, with the Cup chasis.
Bought it brand new in December 2009

I've had a few problems with it since I have had it, but Renault have now rectified the faults. (It has been back to the dealer 8 times this year, so a good job too!)

Anyway, at the moment I have a K-Tec Panel filter and a front French pressed plate. I also have the rear, but from previous experience on my 106, the police give you a lot of hassle for them.

The car is off to K-Tec again on the 24th for one of their diffusers and also a re-mapping!

I'll keep everyone updated!!

Oh, my name is Jake Honour, if anyone wants to add me on FaceBook? :)

Welcome,

Car sounds good, any pictures?

What issues did you have?

Welcome Mate

Let you into a secret the diffusser is just a renault diffusser and SMC Renault on here can supply it cheaper then Ktec ;)

pritchp":1ykfolcj said:
Welcome,

Car sounds good, any pictures?

What issues did you have?

Cheers mate. Yes, I have shit loads of my Facebook. Ha. I will put them on here shortly though...

Had problems with the CD Player & speakers etc first of all. Basically I hit a small bump, and everything stopped working lol - Renault gave me a new headunit, and it has been fine since.

Then all the other issues were to do with the steering. It made VERY odd noises, so when I took it to Renault they road tested it and found nothing.

I tried to explain that it only did it in the mornings, when it was very cold. The steering was very stiff, made horrible crunches and when I finished parking the steering wheel would twitch from side to side.

Anyway it went back to the garage again and once again, they didn't find anything. I had asked to speak to their top technician, but they wouldn't let me, so this went on for a while.

Eventually I phoned the customer services dept. and raised an official complaint. Within about 24 hours I was allowed to speak to the technicians to describe the fault and they had it in to look at it. Theyu decided to replace the COMPLETE steering rack.....something I still don't believe they would have had on the shelf in the dealership, but oh well. Either they knew that was the problem all along and got one in a bit sharpish, or they haven't replaced the complete steering rack.

Anyway, the complaint was registered, and Renault UK started to look into Platinum Renault Trowbridge.

When I went to collect the car I got about 100 metres down the road and found out that none of the controls on the steering column worked. Well, I had indicators and wipers etc working, but none of the volume controls worked. So I took it back. This took me no longer than 2 minutes, and by the time I got back they claimed that all of their technicians had left so I would have to bring it back the next day. Greatttt....
I knew it would just be some sort of plug/push in connection so I could have done it myself, but why should I have?

Anyway, when I got home I raised another complaint with Renault UK and questioned the competency of Platinum Renault's technicians. They offered me a £25 compensation, as I had to take lots of hours out of work, plus it's a good ten miles from where I live to the garage, so it was costing me a bit in fuel! I said that wasn't good enough, and as my first service was due and booked in I said I wanted that for free, which they gave me.

Anyway, the car is now fixed which is the good bit.

The bad bit is that I doubt i'll buy another Renault.....

Twingogeekeo":3scdaslz said:
Welcome Mate

Let you into a secret the diffusser is just a renault diffusser and SMC Renault on here can supply it cheaper then Ktec ;)

I thought it was a Renault one, but the tards at Trowbridge don't seem to know anything about them....

I'll have a look into it mate.... Thanks

Welcome mate :) sorry to hear all the problems on your 133 fingers crossed that will be it now.

Twingogeekeo":1d8un92s said:
7711421333 is the part number :)

Cheers mate. What price do SMC on here sell them for? K-Tec have agreed to do me a deal on the re-map and diffuser, so I expect that i'll still end up getting it from them, providing it is cheaper. Lol.

Dazza1":28kugbo1 said:
Welcome mate :) sorry to hear all the problems on your 133 fingers crossed that will be it now.

Thanks mate. I hope so too, mind you I did save myself £280 and get a free first service out of it all....Lol

Jake_133":1ss78lqv said:
Twingogeekeo":1ss78lqv said:
7711421333 is the part number :)

Cheers mate. What price do SMC on here sell them for? K-Tec have agreed to do me a deal on the re-map and diffuser, so I expect that i'll still end up getting it from them, providing it is cheaper. Lol.

PMed :D

Jake_133":3mbeyx9v said:
Dazza1":3mbeyx9v said:

Thanks mate. I hope so too, mind you I did save myself £280 and get a free first service out of it all....Lol
Yeah mate gotta grab what u can when u can lol. Can't believe how bad they have been u would expect better as bein a main dealer and r bet there be the first to moan bout people usin back street garages instead ofain dealers

the prob is theyve got u over a barrel coz its within warranty u cant afford not to go to a main dealer!!

Jake!!
good to see you fella!

i didnt realise your problems were so many!
i would have sued the c**ts!
that would really naff me of!
my car is going in on Monday to Trowbridge to have my power steering looked at - keeps not working when i first turn the car on and it takes a few seconds to work!
CD player- keeps rejecting cds which is really pissing me of!
engine whining noise - still not fixed and really pissing me of know!
Gearbox - when the gearbox has had a bit of use, it starts to judder a little!

not happy :(
but they have kindly offered to courtesy me with a Renault Modus diesel :D with an £11 charge!

Yay!

They don't charge me for courtesy cars. :) I told them it wasn't right.....Just be a bit forceful with them mate. Make sure you know they can't piss you about. Good luck tomorroow.

I`ve had issues with the renault platium in Chippenham, my dad who works for ADP who deal with they software has said that the whole of the platium group are a bit pants.