Hid main beam

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bingford

Reaction score
I have a 10 plate gordini and I'm searching for some 8k hid's but can't really seem to find any will someone send me a link of some that will fit the car!

Don't bother ... :)

Honestly without HID Projectors lenses etc you'll just be blinding everyone and just about see Infront of you with the bad beam, just go for some night breakers or if you're feeling illegal Phillips xtreme

Oh okay, are there any bulbs out there to get rid of the yellow tinge, make the lights more white?

As above. Nightbreaker unlimited, philips blue vision, philips diamond vision... they'll all do it. For main beam tbh you want it to be for good visibility and not for looks.

Perhaps you mean dipped?

Nightbreakers are very close to natural daylight, also fully road legal and affordable a favourite amongst 95% of this forum if say. Phillips Xtreme look like most like HIDs but would need to be removed before your MOT

Dipped to 1 on the twingo marker you can see about 2 meters ahead
Undipped about 3 meters and pisses everyone off

Full High beam, you can see about as far as the road goes I remember how bad the standard bulbs are and honestly, could see less than 1 meter undipped.

osram night breaker + / osram nightbreaker unlimiteds. dude we all swear by them for a reason lol tried and tested :) most of the guys who went with osram nb + won't go for any other bulbs, they're really cheap and are easy to source

Cheers! I will look in to those then, new to this website and it's good so far.

Dipped beam on NB
9egeha7a.jpg

I have came across these with a little searching from the things you guys have been telling me and was just wondering if they will fit my gordini! They are apparently hid look a likes according to reviews!

You need a H4 bulb for the headlights. They have two filaments in them, for dip and main beam. And will have a 55/60w rating, so you get 55watts on dip and 60watts of power on main beam.

The problem with his conversions for H4 bulbs is there's only one burner, typically 35watts. That gives a very bright puddle of light just in front of you on dip as his give out more light per watt. However, when the reflector slides back, the same amount of light is now less focused, illuminating the road in front of you, the trees at the side and the stars above... So, the actual throw of light onto the distant road is crap at best and probably much worse to drive with than standard bulbs.

Yes, I've had his conversion in the past in my Dini, but they aren't a patch on NB+ :) :cool:

Bing you will need H4 size, but the Phillips bulbs are good for HID looks just make sure they're legal unless you can be bothered to take them out for mot if so fire away

Edit as I said not road legal but neither are HIDs much less hassle to switch out too

sullii94":3f3bfy94 said:
Are they really normally £40?!

nowhere near. maybe they were one day a good few moons ago when they just came out, but they've been around that price. 10-18 they usually go for off the top of my head it just depends on where you buy from and what offers are on hand. either way neil (singlespeed) linked you to a very good price, those are also the correct sets for your car

Good to know! Ordered some on my lunch, can't complain with free delivery! :D