HIDs (fitted and pics)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pritchp

Reaction score
So back in august/september time i brought some HIDs for my car off of a user on another forum.

They arrived pretty quickly and i couldnt wait to get them fitted.
I drove down to my mate in Ipswich to fit them for me as i had no idea what i was doing.. got there.. started fitting.. tried them and one of the ballasts was knackered it just wouldnt work, we tried it on both sides, we tried it on his car. and nothing.. the ballast was dead..

so after the long drive back (around 70-100 miles) i got in touch with the seller, i then sent the ballast back and started the wait for the replacement. The issue still has not been sorted however we are slowly getting somewhere i hope...

Anyway, its now november, i got desperate to get them fitted so i wont onto ebay and brought a spare ballast which i would use until i got my original one replaced. i got in touch with my mate again to see if he was about to fit them and unfortauntly he was busy at the weekend,

I decided to man up and set about fitting them myself this morning, after a shaky start i managed to get it all wired in and working!! so pleased with myself! (pics below)

The hid kit cost me £77, the extra ballast i brought was about £30+ so you can imagine im fairly out of pocket due to the broken ballast.. but im hopeful that it all gets sorted soon and i will either get some money back or a spare ballast which i will replace with the other one on my car and then have a spare!

so pics:
original light:
IMG_0628.jpg

the ballasts:
IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

my HIDs :D:D:

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

rate/slate

They half make a difference Karl oh and don't do what Prab done he got abit of a shock when undoin the bolt on the battery by hittin the suspension mount with the socket lol

think mine are fuked :(

one bulb is blue and the other is more a white/yellow colour :(

had soo many issues with these.. might just get rid 2bh

guy off of another forum .. everyone else has had no problems with theirs.. its only mine :( hmppfftttt o well!

its just a guy on another forum who ships them in and sells them so i have nothing to tie him down to :(

That's stupid. They should give you another kit!!!

My kits are 55 quid and I will replace if your not happy. I can also fit them,

Some people really di my nut in :( sell the hids then that's it!!! If there is a problem. Nothing

Some companys just dont understand keeping people happy grrr i hate companys like that :(

and to top it off they gave him chink instructions with his kit, i had to write instructions in english with pictures for him lol

Rob oh Rob oh Rob why didnt you just use our friendly trader Hatton Performance :(

he got these well before 133.net was formed he never got around to fitting them

yh
oo just to top it all off..

now its very cold.. they flicker very badly whilst im driving along

just gunna rip them out i think.