horrible steering noise

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twingo133Crieff

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I've read a couple of posts on here about the grinding noise coming from the steering wheel. Just wondering if anyone has anymore details on what the problem is? my car is doing it and seems like the power steering fails every now and then. the steering went really heavy this morning on my way to college so drop the car at my dealer (ness motors in perth) for them to look at. the damn thing wouldn't replicate the fault!! anyways it started doing it again earlier so it's now booked in to get looked at again on monday morning. they said they'd keep it for a few days. if anyone has anymore info on the problem and could let me know so i can give the garage a better idea of what to look for.

cheers guys

sorry mean to post this in the renaultsport twingo section.

Mine was making grinding noises and it was a bit of plastic in the part below the rev counter scraping against the column when it turned a certain way or when I hit bumps in the road, easy fix Renault just pushed it back in again!

holliedynamique":3hxd8o98 said:
Mine was making grinding noises and it was a bit of plastic in the part below the rev counter scraping against the column when it turned a certain way or when I hit bumps in the road, easy fix Renault just pushed it back in again!

unfortunatley i don't think it's a bit of plastic as when i'm driving the power steering will suddenly stop and the steering goes really heavy. makes cornering and the odd round about interesting. hopefully it'll do it this time when i drop it off tomorrow. i'll repost when i find out what the problem is. i have a feeling it's the power steering motor but i'll just need to wait and see.

did you find out what it was? Mine does it from time to time, it's nothing to worry about, I tend to find it usually happens when your car has been parked direct in sunlight for a long period of time. :)