Hotel recommendations ...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly_GT

Reaction score
Needing a little help ...

I booked my boyfriend a rally experience at Silverstone and we've just booked today ... day of experience is looking to be around July/August. The question is, can anyone recommend a nice place for us to stay? It was for my boyfriends 21st so looking to stay in a nice hotel as well :).

There's a Premier Inn on the A43 about 5 minutes from Silverstone which isn't too bad!
Or failing that there's a new-ish Holiday Inn with a Toby Carvery and Frankie&Bennie's on the M40 near Banbury, which is probably about 15 minutes from Silverstone!

Are you driving down or getting a plane?

Kelly_GT":slrcrisl said:
Driving down in the Twingo :)
Oh nice! :) Yeah granted Premier inn probably isn't the best but they are clean, I was thinking more from an accessibility point of view as its just round the corner from Silverstone

Whately Hall in Banbury is quite nice but I think its a bit pricey! I guess it depends on your budget and how long you're staying. I don't know if there's anything decent out Northampton way, don't tend to head out that way much these days.

Hotel on the A43 I would avoid!! It's a shit hole

Try an get a room in one of the pubs in towcester high street, Saracens head maybe.

Or 15 mins away from Silverstone is central Milton Keyes with the Jurys in a Ramada Encore, both well priced and could have a night out in central mk before hand.

Any advice let me know it is my area

I'd agree with James on mk. Lots of places to stay and plenty of stuff to do nearby and if your bored let us know as we locals enjoy a good spur of the moment meet :lol:

Kelly_GT":31hk0lgs said:
Thanks for the advice :) I have a 6/7 hour journey ahead of me which should be fun :p
Been there, done that, worn the t-shirt haha!! Managed to stay awake the whole journey (surprisingly), and only stopped once. Tiredness didn't kick in until about 2 hours after arriving in Scotland lol.

Probably a bity late but, when i went to silverstone, me and my friend got a double room for Holiday Inn. Was great, very clean and modern, even a nice choice of pillows. Nice bar and good breakfast. Only £34 for the room (paid online)