House audio set up

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubz

Reaction score
So I'm starting up some user computer 5.1 speakers but I want to use these speakers for the TV, ps3 and record player.

Currently the record player and TV are plugged into an stereo receiver and I have no way to connect the the 5.1 speakers into stereo receiver.

The speakers have 3 3.5mm audio jacks coming out of it for the left, right and centre speakers.

The audio receiver has 4 positive and negative ports for audio wires, 4 different RCA inputs and outputs.

I don't want to go and start splicing the wires up.

Can I get an adaptor for the audio jacks to go to positive and negative wires to put in the speaker inputs in the stereo receiver? This is do that the audio will go from the TV to the stereo receiver then to the 5.1 speakers (Has an active sub)

Or wouldn't it work like that?

Dubz":3veawi35 said:
Can I get an adaptor for the audio jacks to go to positive and negative wires to put in the speaker inputs in the stereo receiver? This is do that the audio will go from the TV to the stereo receiver then to the 5.1 speakers (Has an active sub)

Or wouldn't it work like that?
You could get some extension cords and cut off the male 3.5mm jack plug, leaving you with a wire which could be prepared to go onto your red/black posts. As a couple of pound, saves butchering your speaker cables.

I guess the existing jack plugs are mono (not stereo) so make sure you get the correct ones as required... Does the jack plug have two or three metal bits