how do i clean the engine ?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostZ

Reaction score
so i was always wondering how can i clean this road salt mess cause we Belgians spill road salt like we spill ketchup on fries WAY TO MUCH and this is the result 1 engine block soaked in left over salt marks ...

Question is how can i clean this safely and good ?

p1030825b.jpg

p1030826vh.jpg

Keeping it safe and cheap:

Any all purpose cleaner in a Spray bottle. As strong as you think you need it mixed. Lots of clothes. And. A few brushes.

Spray onto cloth or use clothes to protect the exposed electrical components (so say you want to clean the inlet manifold cover the coils) and then go at it with a brush, wipe down with a damp cloth. Once you've done it all, dress and leave to dry.

You can do it with a hose/pressure washer but its not really best to, especially with coilpack problems. Nothing replaces effort and time.

I wipe mine down at every wash and doesn't need a lot of upkeep that way

Mine was absolutely minging after 1500 miles down south and back.

Aerospace 303 cleaner spayed onto several cheap MF cloths and a paint brush to get into some of the tighter corners got it looking much cleaner. Still needs some more work, but I don't think a pressure wash or hosing down would be that good for the electrical bits

I actually used some of the Autoglym engine cleaner on my Clio 172 engine and that came up pretty nice after.

I just sprayed all the grubby bits and worked it in with a soft (clean obviously) paintbrush and let it dwell, I then rinsed with a really light trickle from the hose so I could aim the water. Then sprayed it once more and agitated and rinsed in the same way.

Once I was happy I'd got rid of all the grim I dried it using a couple of cheap microfibre cloths. Job done. Now just waiting on my engine cover to come back from being sprayed and I'll get some pics. :)

I did this too alex with AG engine cleaner.
But i rinsed with clean water in a spray bottle so i could be dead accurate where i want to rinse

Warm engine, apply AG vinyl and rubber care liberally and allow to soak in.