How do I know if esp is on or off?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddeh83

Reaction score
Hi

I recently bought a twingo rs133 and I'm trying to work out whether the esp light being on in the rev counter means it's on, or off.

Whenever I turn start the car the light flashes on then goes off, and the button left of the steering wheel needs pressed to switch the light back on for the duration of the drive.

I've come from an old car which didn't have any of this so all quite new to me. I did notice today when pulling from a roundabout in the wet the car went really juddery as if abs was triggering, and this is with the esp light on.

Light on means traction control is off. I keep traction control on all the time, even when I'm driving hard the car never looses traction.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I found it strange the behaviour at the roundabout, felt almost like the car was going to shake to bits nd assumed it was esp/abs kicking in but the light was on. I'll just leave it as standard with the light off from now on