How do you use your Twingo ?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twingo133

Reaction score
Just out of interest, but i just wondered how you guys use your twingos?

Do you hide it from life? or do you use it for absolutely everything!

Having done 45k in just over 2 years i use mine for abolutely everything! Ive used her to move house, ive taken her on holiday, weekends away with the lads, car shows/meets, to the shops, uni everyday!

Ive always wondered about why i never see more of these cars on the road as in swindon i only really ever see one or two on the roads i cant understand why not, i think its an amazing little motor, so the only conclusion i can arrive at is that everyone is hiding them away. :(

James :)

They're fantastic little cars, but unfortunately for Renault I don't think too many have been sold in the past three years. (Approx 1000 if you rely on howmanyleft.com) So, I think the main reason you don't see too many of them is that there just aren't that many around.

Mine doesn't do the daily commute as it's not far enough to really warrant driving. Mine gets used for all the fun trips :D, though have used it for moving furniture etc (albeit very carefully)

Fair enough, i dont understand why they didnt sell that many ??? I work with different cars every single day and im still yet to find one as fun as the twingo!!!

Not too sure why more didn't get sold. They had lots of great press from top gear and many others.

From some prior experience it could be as some dealers seem to know jack all about the RS range, so if people couldn't get their questions answered well they went elsewhere

I only get to use mine at the weekend really because I get picked up in a van to go to work Monday to Friday :(

I want to use it more :)

I use mine here and there.

mainly for driving to a show or if i dont want to use the bike for what ever reason and cant use Rachels Clio

Had mine since new, September 08. Used for everything you use a car for!!

Used to do 50 miles round trip to work on the motorway, since I've moved out of my parents place, it now does 24 miles a day on normal roads. But that's only 4 days a week!

Currently 27000ish on the clock. I don't do many far away trips though, got discount/free train travel for that!! Furthest its ever been form Preston was Cambridge last year.

I use mine everyday. I've put on around 8000 miles since last April (That does include 6 months of learning to drive in it)

I love my twingo but I don't really get chance to get it out much I drive to work and back and then on my days off go for a nice drive but I have only ever seen 1 other 1

Mine is my "everything" car, its the main car for me :)

Its a 59 and just coming up to 39 thousand - I've put 27 thousand on it since having it for about a year and a half. :)

Well my Gordini has become a fair weather car just like my 225 to be honest.

Still only done about 1,100 miles so only averaged about 50 miles a month. I worked out the Megane has only done 40 miles a month from new haha. Ooops.

I'm quite lucky I don't have to use either car very often as I commute by train daily and at weekends I don't tend to need them much either. I could actually get away with not having a car but I love them too much! haha

I use her for work every day and if i have no reason to go out, i go out and thrash her for an hour or so.

How i have a licence still is beyond me! All it takes is one unmarked car and i am going down down down lol

Seriously though all i ever do is pick cars that beg to be thrashed and once im used to their speed (took me around 2 weeks to get used to the 'speed' of the Twingo) i decide to play with them and learn their limits. Today i learnt that the rear end is very easy to control on a Twingo but for no apparant reason as there is no feel to the steering whatsoever so i guess im using the force!

I hope once i am able to afford the Clio 200 my missus has this car as its too good to sell or throw away lol

Mine gets used for daily commute except when the weather is good enough to give the motorbike a good ride. Use it most nights to meet up with friends and just to give it a good thrashing. A car is designed and brought to be driven not a museum piece. Clock up around 1000 miles a month.

I think the reason they don't sell well, is cos people don't know about them and how fun they are to drive. When I was looking at new cars a couple of years ago, I never considered/knew about the Twingo. So I initially thought "Clio", then I went into my local showroom and saw the Twingo and was like "What's this?" Test drove one and never looked back!

But mine is used for everything.
She comes to work, to town, on nights out (if I'm the driver), up and down the motorways countless times to visit family, she's been 300 miles to Edinburgh on holiday, sat in London traffic during rush hour, across to the seaside town of Aberystwyth in Mid Wales... Just about anywhere and everywhere really.

My Dini is mostly used for work and to go away with friends and nightly drives just to have fun ;) also somethimes igo to a meeting and such :mrgreen: