How To Change Oil (Twingo GT)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar

Reaction score
This will show you how to check your oil, at the current moment in time my oil filter strap i keep at home sheered on me so i didn't change the filter. i will update this when i get a chance.

tools you will require:
1. 3/8'' ratchet + extension
2. 8mm square head - 3/8'' drive socket (draper 38324)
3. laser 3795B 66mm oil filter flute. due to the position of the oil filter, a conventional wrench or strap / chain is going to make things very complex
4. an oil drain basin, you can use an old sink basin if you wish. i gladly use one when at home!
5. measuring jug for the oil and a funnel for the oil filler neck to reduce mess (although i didn't use one, steady hands lol
6. jack and axle stands
IMG_20140730_172516.jpg

m_Wpxl0azy_Yx_U3_Bum67wi_G1g.jpg

Technical Information
Engine Oil change with filter (s) Litres : 4,0
Oil Filter Tool :66mm diameter removal tool. Tighting torque 3/4 of a turn manually after contact. Your car will use 5w30 / 10w40 either is just fine

Oil Change
1 - jack the front of the car up onto axle stands on the points as seen here
jacking_points.jpg

2 - run the engine for 5 minutes so that the oil can warm up, this will allow the oil to drain much faster.

3 - pop the bonnet open
IMG_20140730_172145.jpg

IMG_20140730_172243.jpg

4 - remove the oil filler cap
IMG_20140730_172253.jpg

5 - counter clockwise (lefty loose, righty tighty), turn the sump plug. have the oil pan / basin underneath to catch the oil as it pours out. let the oil drain to the point of a slow drip, replace the sump washer and refit the sump plug. a gentle nip will do just fine...any more than a gentle nip and you will strip the threads in the sump.
IMG_20140730_172639.jpg

6 - oil filter stuff updated in a little while.

7 - take your oil and fill up the measuring jug, in this instance i done 4 x 1 liter measurements. i'd advise you use a funnel to prevent any spilliage as seen in my picture, although it only spilled onto the filler neck itself - clean up with a rag or old microfibre towel / cloth.
IMG_20140730_173513.jpg

IMG_20140730_174055.jpg

8 - jack the car up, remove axle stands and safely lower the vehicle.

9 - turn the igniton to on, wait 10 seconds after the oil light has went out for added safety to ensure the system primes the turbo and filter fully. start the engine let it run. if you notice any smoke, don't worry about this. this is just any oil spillage burning and turning into smoke, this won't damage anything ... you cant clean up every tiny bit of oil!

you know them 10 mm washers on the front of your car, me got them too, but what size are the ones for the washers on the panel near the wiperblades? cheers dave..

sounds good man, did you get the skunk2 washers? pretty pricey little feckers!!!!! uhhh i've not got a clue what size they are / were. my scuttle pannels leaking like a can of coke with a hole in the bottom as i removed screws / bolts ages ago, missplaced them and never got around to finding or installing them so i need new bolts too.

your best bet is to go to the hardware shop, get a couple of bolts that appear to be around the correct size and try them. obviously if it's for show only, you could plate any old bolt in the hole / cut to size, and place a nut and washer underneath if you should so wish

oscar":100epuyc said:
sounds good man, did you get the skunk2 washers? pretty pricey little feckers!!!!! uhhh i've not got a clue what size they are / were. my scuttle pannels leaking like a can of coke with a hole in the bottom as i removed screws / bolts ages ago, missplaced them and never got around to finding or installing them so i need new bolts too.

your best bet is to go to the hardware shop, get a couple of bolts that appear to be around the correct size and try them. obviously if it's for show only, you could plate any old bolt in the hole / cut to size, and place a nut and washer underneath if you should so wish

I've got some orange(gold) ones aswell! Although they are cheap ones from ebay so probably fake! Haha

Any idea where to get a new filter from? I've had a look and can't find one :(