How to clean your Gordini/CUP wheels :D

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostZ

Reaction score
So i taught i make a little thread about how i clean my Gordini black insert wheels as some of you may be cautious about some products

i have to say i found a good wheel cleaning product now that is quite safe one your rims Auto Glym custom wheel cleaner.

i have to admit i am a meguiars fan but i have used the hot wheels spray and those have damaged the paint a little on the black inserts SO PLEASE DO NOT BUY IT (but they do a magical job on normal grey painted aluminum wheels)

So here are the weapons of my choice.
p1020568u.jpg

The meguiars wheelbrush , the auto glym custom wheel spray , a karcher pressure washer (also you can use normal water hose) and swimming plank for you to sit on your knees while cleaning :D

i have to say first this car is cleaned with a foam gun and also the wheels are cleaned with foam before i touch them it gets the most dirt and sand of them , this is like an extra step but if you dont have foam gun dont worry ;)

first you take your dirty rim :p
p1020565rs.jpg

p1020564n.jpg

p1020567l.jpg

also spray it on there as much you like and even use the wheel brush if very dirty , be warned you have 1 minute then you have to rinse it off with lots of water so no product stays on the rims ;)

p1020557f.jpg

also another step to get them more cleaned up use a very soft sponge or wash mitt and your favorite car soap :) to finish it of if some filth remains there

And after the whole progress you will get this result looking fresh as ****
p1020569y.jpg

Hope some people like it :D

Nice write up have u ever used Dodo juice mellow yellow wheel cleaner it has no acid products in it at all and is totally safe to use, just thinking you wouldn't have to worry bout blasting it off after a strict 1 minute, it works really well and never harmed or marked my old black gloss alloys

holliedynamique":da0d4jiy said:
Nice write up have u ever used Dodo juice mellow yellow wheel cleaner it has no acid products in it at all and is totally safe to use, just thinking you wouldn't have to worry bout blasting it off after a strict 1 minute, it works really well and never harmed or marked my old black gloss alloys
ill look into that if i can maybe order it :p thanks for letting me know ;)

Looks good that mate, I have some of that indoors but haven't got round to using it.

Tend to only use snowfoam, pressure washer and normal mitt/shampoo on my own rims but on the Mrs car that sees more miles and from now on with the 172 I'll give this a try.

I quite like Sonus Rim Bright as well as it's PH neutral but needs agitating so with a Viken wheel brush too it's good for doing the backs of your wheels. :)

When you have white wheels like mine you tend to use wheel cleaning products because cleaning them by hand is like an excercise by itself :p

Ghostz gave me the leftovers from his Meguiar's Hot Wheels spray to try out.
Since mine are painted white, they shouldn't be so fragile as his cup wheels :)

You should try IronX on theese to find out how much fallout is left on, clean at first glance, wheels :)