HOW TO fit and wire new front speakers (Pics)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UltimateGreen

Reaction score
I've just completed installing my new Pioneer front speakers and tweeters and thought I would perhaps make things a little easier for people if they are unsure like I was a few days ago..

I'm not saying that this is THE text book way of doing it but it works for me and take from it what you will.

This is what I went for.. fairly low end of the market but still good quality over the standard junk.

IMG_0965_zps941b995a.jpg

- Firstly loosen your door cards as already explained on a different thread on here..

Torx screws on the following:
IMG_0967_zpsc0d8ebb9.jpg

IMG_0966_zps59dd51ce.jpg

IMG_0968_zps2c8ac165.jpg

Then pull door card away from the door, might have to use a bit of a lever.. This will give you enough room to work.

IMG_0970_zps81acb194.jpg

IMG_0969_zps3f0805dd.jpg

- Undo speaker screws and remove speaker (Torx screws again)

IMG_0971_zpsd1be0fcf.jpg

IMG_0972_zpsfba8300c.jpg

- Remove OEM speaker housing (3 Torx screws)

IMG_0974_zpsc59f9576.jpg

OEM speaker housing with aftermarket comparison

IMG_0973_zps4b4a5e30.jpg

- Fit the new aftermarket speaker housing and connect the speaker with the OEM block and do a sound test to make sure it works

IMG_0975_zps6e4a6851.jpg

- Screw the speaker in place and snap back the door card and replace fixing screws

IMG_0976_zpse857c655.jpg

- Mirror this with the other door -

- TWEETERS -

Firstly unclip the fake tweeters either from popping your hand underneath and pushing up or use a tiny flat head screw driver and GENTLY prise from the top (which is what I did for the passenger side)

IMG_0977_zps03c32bf0.jpg

You will find the following:

IMG_0978_zps991de626.jpg

Plastic gauze and fake tweeter, All we need is the round gauze.

- Fit your tweeter into the round gauze

IMG_0979_zps8e300a26.jpg

IMG_0980_zps75724447.jpg

- Feed the wire through the tweeter hole

IMG_0983_zps0b7ed303.jpg

IMG_0982_zps1d3acd3a.jpg

Clip the tweeter in place making sure it is flush.

- Feed the wires through the dash how ever way you see fit and you will end up with wires popping through the bottom by your footwells.. Direct them towards the back of your stereo unit (can be a pain!)

IMG_0984_zpsb96c0116.jpg

- Do the same for the opposite side -

- Once both tweeter wires are through to the rear of your stereo location then you can wire them up to your loom.

** My pioneer lume was the following**

- Grey - Front right pos/neg
- White - Front left pos/neg

So I just used but connectors to connect pos/neg to the front speaker cables

As I wasn't installing Crossover boxes this was apparently the way to wire tweeters up? They work so... :lol:

IMG_0985_zpsa11f6da2.jpg

- Once wires are connected then give a quick test and replace head unit

IMG_0986_zpscb2cb5c2.jpg

- BEST PLACE FOR THESE THINGS........ :lol:

IMG_0987_zpsdcc2aa51.jpg

Hope this helps people a little bit as I was a bit confused on how to wire up the tweeters before..

;)

So there are no plastic clips around the door card?? Good thread by the way, getting new speakers for the front and rear for my birthday so gonna have fun replacing them!

dbird":187kjf48 said:
So there are no plastic clips around the door card?? Good thread by the way, getting new speakers for the front and rear for my birthday so gonna have fun replacing them!

Yes there are clips joining the door card to the door.. You only want to pull the bottom of the door card and the two sides so you can get access.. you don't have to pull the whole door card off.

Good birthday present! Such a difference in the sound quality and I only went for cheap speakers! I imagine that if you got some really good speakers it would sound amazing :)

Hello from italy! This is my first post. I will buy this car the next month and i'm searching for tips and tricks on the net. Can i keep the original cd source and add best speakers (woofers and tweeters)? Thanks for answers :)

ReadRS":89u16ccc said:
How did you wire up the tweeters to the headunit?

Wire the end of the tweeter wire in to the relevant left or right front speaker wire's in the wiring loom in the back of the head unit.

Did your HU have a rear USB port? If so do you know how to route the cable to the glovebox? I've had a look behind my HU and it doesn't look very inviting at the moment... So looking for any tips to make my life easy!

what model pioneers twiters are ? can you put model

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk