How to get the air box off? :(

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LCplParks

Reaction score
I bought an enclosed induction kit off one of the guys on here and it turned up today.
I've gone and had a quick look/go at getting the airbox off in the dark before it started to rain and I wussed out and came inside.
I'll reconvene tomorrow and give it another go in the light but from what I could make out all I'll have to do is take the big hose off the top and the whole thing should just pull out ? or is it more complicated?
Also is the breather tube on the elbow of the big hose?

Thanks
Joe

To save loosing some skin, go prepared with a pair of NI gloves (or the equivalent you get now) as theres probably some sharp edges and a bit of tugging required

the breather is attached onto the back of the inlet elbow, just before the throttle body

1. undo the torq screws for the airbox lid and the elbow hose going to the top of the airbox. Remove lid and filter
2. Remove (pull off) the T hose that goes from the intake scoop to the bottom of the airbox and resonator (the can thats hiding in the wing)
3. Undo the torx screw holding the intake scoop into the slam panel.
4. Simply pull the scoop free :lol: its held by 4 clips (removing the bumper would be less painless)
5. Unless it came off when removing the T hose, unclip the tube from the bottom of the airbox
6. pull the airbox fwd from the bracket, then remove the bracket (maybe just undo the whole bracket/box, as it was a long time ago)
7. If you take the bracket out, tywrap the gearbox breather pipe next to the brake reservoir

6530317741_2caff7bc76_z_d.jpg

Well that was about as complete as an answer as I could've asked for! I'll let you know how I get on :)
Thanks a lot Neilipedia

Any chance you know what size the torx screws are ? I don't have a bit for them and I need to get one haha :)

Probably two different sizes, although I can't remember.

somewhere between T15 and T30 covers most of the common screws for Bumper, trim etc

£10 in halfords for all the Torx, Phillips, flat head and small sockets you will ever need for the odd jobs around the car with a screw driver. If you're lucky it's on sale, I paid £5 for mine 3 years ago and it's excellent, kept in a bag in the boot with fuses and bulbs.

I saw it last weekend when looking for Spmething else. Well worth for the price and keeping in the boot.

Don't bother buying their individual ones, or save for a professional set when they're on sale and you'll never need to replace it.

All done I didn't take all of it off because I didn't think I needed to to fit the kit in just took the airbox out and then stuck the new one in haha

This is a piccy of it :)

Induction kit by Parko133, on Flickr

"bloody hell, this little scoop is prety well stuck in. Oh well, it can stay" :lol:

where does your breather hose goto now?

singlespeed":100g953a said:
"bloody hell, this little scoop is prety well stuck in. Oh well, it can stay" :lol:

Yeah pretty much haha couldn't be bothered

singlespeed":100g953a said:
where does your breather hose go to now

It came with a filter to go onto the breather hose which didn't fit very well so I insulation taped the **** out of it and then stuck a jubilee clip on and then I zippy clipped it to another tube just behind the elbow of the hose that goes the throttle body (seems to have done the job)

I thought the same as Neil then! I could see someone just letting the breather hose loose into the engine bay :p

What size is the silicone pipe and the filter? From the pic it looks a little fatter than 70mm? But it is only a pic.

Not really sure how big the hose is tbh. But I it fit quite snug and I just clipped it straight on but the actual hose was much thicker than the original maybe that's why it looks a bit bigger?

Quite possible, the hose will be measured by the ID (Internal Diameter). Joining pipes will then show the OD.

Do you have a link?

TBH I'm more curious as I recognise the simota name, I believe they are (or used to be) a supplier to some jap racing series I've seen before. Don't know much else about them!
I really need to get myself some silicone pipes to sort my filter out properly :eek:

If I were you I'd order a straight silicone pipe (eg: AutoSiliconeHose.com) and replace it xith the flexibel one.

Looks much nicer and sturdier ;)

maggi112":13ggkow3 said:
Quite possible, the hose will be measured by the ID (Internal Diameter). Joining pipes will then show the OD.

Yeah probs that makes sense as that's the bit that fits anyway

Do you have a link?

Nah mate I got off one of the guys on here RS_133 I think his name was not sure if he still uses the forum but you could PM him

TBH I'm more curious as I recognise the simota name, I believe they are (or used to be) a supplier to some jap racing series I've seen before. Don't know much else about them!
I really need to get myself some silicone pipes to sort my filter out properly :eek:

Yeah I think they do a lot of stuff for Swifts and stuff like that but I don't know for sure

and yeah I might get a new hose because that one doesn't look very nice I might change the other one with an orange one too because I think it'll look shweet :cool:

Fair enough. I did a little digging and they are. Looks very similar to the CDA, not sure how much the element will differ as I've not looked at both, but it seems well priced on eBay when I looked.
I'm after black or white pipework to continue the theme with a black catch tank and then ill get some black aluminium covers made up for the fuse box and maybe even battery.