How to remove side pannel?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamstuart

Reaction score
Bit of a random one but wondered if anyone has any advice on how to remove the side pannel that I have highlighted in the pic below using my awsome paint skills :lol:

Theres a few screws in the wheel arches but removing them did not seem to loosen the pannel at all and I need it off. Thanks :D

9ee1cf4e-1.jpg

It's called a sideskirt and from memory, it's riveted on. If this is the case, you'd have to drill the rivets out then once you're down either screw or rivet it back on.

Just had a look, it's screws/clips that hold it on.

Its the Clio that has rivets... That was a b*tch!

So its probably a matter of unscrewing everything that's screwed into it and giving it a pull.. hmmm will have to give it a go when it stops raining

I think its either broken or unclipped, because its loose on the drivers side at the end by the front wheel, when I had a look where it was coming off a bit it looked like there was a clip that's normally tucked underneath that's come out so I need to take it off and have a good look then see if I can fix it or if I need a whole new one :?

Had the same problem in exactly the same place but passenger side.Broken clip under door hinge causing skirt to come away by around 1cm.Seems like the skirt is under pressure to pull away from the body causing clip failure.I went straight to Renault to claim under warranty for part failure and after 3 visits a few harsh words and wasted 3 hours in the waiting room they eventually agreed to repair the skirt.
What i expected to be a 1 hour job turned out to be considerably more !
Renault insisted on fitting a new skirt and spray job taking 2 days.
I can only assume that the clips are not available seperately and come with the sideskirt as a package so a new skirt has to be fitted to fix the problem.
Car now returned and all is well after a lot of hassle for a small problem.

I went to Renault with it when I first noticed it as I assumed it would be fixed under warranty but after they had my car for about an hour they came out and said it was damage caused by jacking and not covered under warranty so they wouldn't fix it, after arguing with them for a while as im sure this didn't happen that way as it hasn't been jacked up since about November and I would have noticed since then if it was that, they just said they have photos of the damage that prove it was from jacking incorrectly and they wont do anymore with it.

They tried similar cop out with me saying that i stood on the sill causing it to break so no warranty claim.I pointed out that i had a V6 with 6inch wide sill and standing on that was not a problem so Twingo sill must not be fit for purpose.I had of course NOT stood on the Twingo sill and still think that outwood pressure on the sill is causing the clips to break.They also tried to say that because the sill is a body extension part it is not covered under warranty !
I threatened to call Renault UK to report my dissatisfaction and hey presto a change of mind and warranty repair granted.
I have over the years had a number of Renaultsport cars and not once have had a pleasant experience with warranty claims or garage repairs etc.Customer service is poor beyond belief in my opinion but Renault Uk have always resolved my issues.
Renault should look at other manufacturers like Toyota for lessons in how to treat their customers as they are light years apart regarding customer treatment.

5GT172V6133":7ux97ibs said:
They tried similar cop out with me saying that i stood on the sill causing it to break so no warranty claim.I pointed out that i had a V6 with 6inch wide sill and standing on that was not a problem so Twingo sill must not be fit for purpose.I had of course NOT stood on the Twingo sill and still think that outwood pressure on the sill is causing the clips to break.They also tried to say that because the sill is a body extension part it is not covered under warranty !
I threatened to call Renault UK to report my dissatisfaction and hey presto a change of mind and warranty repair granted.
I have over the years had a number of Renaultsport cars and not once have had a pleasant experience with warranty claims or garage repairs etc.Customer service is poor beyond belief in my opinion but Renault Uk have always resolved my issues.
Renault should look at other manufacturers like Toyota for lessons in how to treat their customers as they are light years apart regarding customer treatment.

Couldn't agree more mate.

iamstuart":29cj2bt0 said:
I think its either broken or unclipped, because its loose on the drivers side at the end by the front wheel,
there should be 2 screws at the front as below
P1030466.jpg

and this is the rear
P1030468.jpg

I did unscrew the 2 screws at the front but it didnt come off, I guess if theres clips it might just need pulling harder but I was scared I might break it even more than it is, at the moment it looks fine its only if you take hold of it and try and move it you can tell its loose and not properly connected at the front.

Look under the side skirts, there will be about 6 or so screws running along there. Once these are all out I believe it lifts off some blocks that hold the top half in place (and those are the bits that are riveted I think... probably where I'm getting confused!).

Screws at the ends, then it pulls off. You just have to be careful with it.

Mine was never fitted properly from new so began to fall off which is how I found out.