how to remove the gearknob surround?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchie

Reaction score
as title says, how do I remove my gearknob surround together with the cover that's on.

I want to fit the RS cover on my car. Just bought one. and i'm aware of the fact that the knob itselve won't fit. I think you can buy another know for non RS versions too..

Cheers!

As far as I'm aware I think you just pull it. Don't twist it! And watch you don't smack yourself in the face ;-)

I 1st pulled off the plastic surround,Just put your thumbs in and pull it up wards, it will just pop out, then pull the gear knob up, its hard but u just have to use your strength.

Could u show the finished results and how it looks, cos I thought it wouldn't work on the reverse gear pull up ones?

Isn't it just the knob bit rather than the thing as a whole!

I'll try to express myself a little better.. :oops:

What i want:
RS-Twingo-Schaltknauf.jpg

The RS gearknobset. So I want to change the standard black surround with the silver surround with the RS gearknob sleeve.

I bought a RS set for a bargain the other day :) ,
So Now I would like to change the whole and buy myself:

RS-Schaltknauf-6G.jpg

This would fit, as it was made for the pull up reverse gear..

Thanks for all the help though!

Having problems with the gear knob on my gordini.
I have tried to pull but will not budge.
Is the gordini the same, pull off??
Am I removing just the silver gear knob or the knob and black plastic under it???

shimmy":2hsdql9e said:
Having problems with the gear knob on my gordini.
I have tried to pull but will not budge.
Is the gordini the same, pull off??
Am I removing just the silver gear knob or the knob and black plastic under it???

You need to really really pull it. Just becarful not to do what others have and smack yaself in the face.

managed to pull my Knob off last night....rubber glove helps with the grip.
Silver knob and black trim comes off all in one. Don't know if they come apart.
Result.

I see no ring.
All I have is the black trim that looks like it goes into the silver knob.

Where should I be looking on my knob???

So you hvw the knob, the surround an the gaitor. The gator is held to the surround underneath so turn it upside down. Then just prise it off and glue or back when you're done