How to Replace Headlight Bulbs on Facelift RS

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liquidyellow

Reaction score
Changing the bulbs was dead easy on my old Twingo, just tried on facelift version, and um...

Taken off electrical connector
Taken off rubber gaiter
Bulb held in place by metal hinge/spring/cage

Question is :?: does the metal hinge that holds the bulb in place connect at the top or bottom, and how do you unclip it?

Cheers

I remember Karens being fidly to unclip.

I think the spring clip is hinged on one side of the bulb and the other side has two ends which both need unclipping before the clip can be swung out of the way to free the bulb.

Just had a go in the dark with a mirror, ..yes it was a swing clip at the top, depress metal cage slightly and move towards drivers side. Thanks for the prompt advice.

....fitted 'night breaker unlimited' bulbs - brighter than the Philips extreme visions on my old twingo! Those pesky badgers best watch out tomorrow morning ;-)

I'm a fan of the Osram Night Breaker Plus :cool: Sooooo much better than the originals

singlespeed":2b1ce9f5 said:
I'm a fan of the Osram Night Breaker Plus :cool: Sooooo much better than the originals

I have these but with the gold plated connectors because I'm a gangster and gold plated connectors are better in every way.

It can be awkward mine had the hinge but the wires were all wrapped around it where someone had done a botch job in the past

Tried them out properly on the badgers this morning.

Slightly yellow at low beam, blueish tinge.

But full beam, wow, very white/ blue and they throw a long way down the road.

Actually they were pretty close in performance to the HIDS on my missus' Car.

I'm going to order a pair of Osram Night Breaker Plus headlight bulbs mentioned above. What type do I order? H7, H4, H1 etc... ... They are about £16 on Amazon at the moment. Thanks in advance.

Ordered the H4's thanks guys. Only £13.79 from Amazon at the moment.

12397092444_427a99ea06.jpg