HTC or iPhone?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first smart phone was the first googlephone (made by htc - T-Mobile G1) and that started to die before I'd had it a year. Apple stuff is more expensive but will last longer, and it's generally nicer to use too. I have freinds that have the range of htc, & other modern google phones, and I'm still pleased I made the jump.

Argh, you lot are sheep!! Have you fanboi's ever used a HTC, or you just slagging it off because it doesn't have an Apple logo on it or the price to match?

The HTC is the better phone, those in the know have an HTC!!

i used to have a htc desire, was great but the iphone looks better and the HTC Battery is GASH!!!

Daveyb133":3cxddjy6 said:
i used to have a htc desire, was great but the iphone looks better and the HTC Battery is GASH!!!

that is the only bad thing about the htc is that it is ssoooooo good it destroys its battery!!
i prefer the iphone 3 to the 4 think the 4 is abit brick like but the htc is better

I have the HTC desire HD and it is mega!
Had the iphone 4 for a while too - camera is wank!

Daveyb133":1twcujuc said:

I can make mine last 5 days, but that's switching everything off and not using the apps.

Everyday use, I can easily get 3days life out of mine. I just use 'Battery Doctor' to force close everything, and I make sure GPS is turned off as that munches the battery.

Any smartphone though, you use it how it was intended and you will not see past 2days life. Regardless of make/model.

The camera on the iPhone is pants, as is the web browsing as they don't have flash. iTunes too, the shittest piece of software to come out of Apple, especially if it's linked to a pc and not a mac :x :evil:

Graham":2xd4he6d said:
Daveyb133":2xd4he6d said:
iTunes too, the shittest piece of software to come out of Apple, especially if it's linked to a pc and not a mac :x :evil:

Sounds Office familiar, but the other way around ;)

TURBO":4a561d4m said:
Daveyb133":4a561d4m said:

that is the only bad thing about the htc is that it is ssoooooo good it destroys its battery!!
i prefer the iphone 3 to the 4 think the 4 is abit brick like but the htc is better
A brick?!?!!? hahahahaha
Have you seen the side by side? The HTC is bigger and heavier overall

I've used both, my friends have used both and all have stayed with the iPhone. The iPhone has a better user experience than all other phones, that's what makes the iPhone the one that all others are trying to copy.

ALL phone are flawed in some way, some more flawed than others.....

Yes iTunes is not the best software when matched with a PC it's like windows media player is a bag of wank when matched with a Mac, each its designed with certain hardware/software in mind.

Mr_Ben":rsxsbbh8 said:
Have you seen the side by side? The HTC is bigger and heavier overall

I've used both, my friends have used both and all have stayed with the iPhone. The iPhone has a better user experience than all other phones, that's what makes the iPhone the one that all others are trying to copy.

Yea but it's not like Nokia 'N' Series bigger and heavier, the HTC (Desire HD) is 1cm taller and wider, and 30g more. Have a wallet full of coppers and not notes, and you'll notice that more than the phone weight!! Plus the extra height x width dimensions allows for the larger screen, again, which makes the display on the HTC better.

How can you say the iPhone has a better user experience? The HTC can multitask a lot better than the iPhone, plus web browsing (which to be fair, is why a lot of people buy a smartphone) is a better experience because we have Flash.

As for copying, HTC were around long before Apple released the iPhone. It was only the release of the iPhone that made HTC switch to Android, but HTC Smartphones were around long before the iPhone ;)

https://www.pocket-lint.com/news/35612/htc-desire-hd-iphone-4

https://www.knowyourmobile.com/comparisons/599988/htc_desire_hd_vs_apple_iphone_4.html

https://www.mobot.net/heck-htc-13956

i phone has a much higher resolution and os4 is possibly the best phone os to to ever be released, runs so smoothly. Android 2.2 is awful, freezes and crashes a lot (i am speaking from experience) you dont need flash with the Iphone because most websites that require flash have apps instead. the touch screen knocks spots off the HTC and there is alot more available for the Iphone because everyone wants a piece of the action.

Never argued that HTC weren't around before, hell not even arguing that touch screen phones weren't around before the iPhone (which others haven't even picked up on), but the iPhone HAS caught the whole marketplace by surprise and ALL manufacturers are trying to emulate the iPhone experience. Apple is a company that doesn't necessarily a creates completely new technology, it just re-designs existing ones and makes them more desirable.

Flash is crap on the phone, the only thing it's good for is video and now HTML5 is becoming more and more used then that argument is becoming moot. Flash is NOT designed for touch screen technology.

So yeah I am arguing that..... experience is the WHOLE thing NOT one little thing. Applications, speed, software, VIRUSES...... oh yeah.. hahahaha that old chestnut I won't get on that!! Even one of your own links says the iPhones experience is better than the HTC.

IF the HTC was such an "amazing" machine then why is it it's being ignored by shops and advertisers??

Hey it's your choice I don't really care, I got mine because of the other technology I own not because people told me get on a certain bandwagon.

matbry01":1896lrof said:
iPhone but am thinking of getting the new blackberry torch :s

Don't do it mate, the Torch isn't a patch on the iPhone in terms of being a smart phone. :(

We have the BB Torch through work and I have a personal iPhone 4 and the Torch just can't compete. BlackBerries are great for work e-mails but as a cool personal device with apps etc they're not so good.

Also, speaking with the woman I work with who deals with all our mobile contracts, they are now offering the Torch free on some contracts. Which is sometimes a sign of a model going end of line. :?

Oooooooo okys sorry Karl I am keeping the Isheep ! Hmm I had a go on one in vodaphone I got the bit of gash to let me have a go on one and it is different and I do like it but as she said it doesn't really compete with the iPhones.

the iphone also has the status. telling someone u have an iphone gives a much better response than saying u have a htc and in this day and age it does mean something