iamstuart's progress thread

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamstuart

Reaction score
Thought I'd kick off this section with my progress thread.

Picked up my car brand new on 11/06/2010 with 12 miles on the clock and it looked like this:

P6111041.jpg

P6111046.jpg

First mod I did was to remove the bung from the air box which massively improved the noise the car made and took all of 10 seconds :D

Next I replaced the front and rear indicator bulbs with chrome bulbs which took away the orange reflection from the original bulbs.

12062010197.jpg

Before:
12062010200.jpg

During:
12062010201.jpg

After:
12062010202.jpg

I also replaced the interior light, boot light and number plate lights with bright white bulbs to take away the yellow glow of the original bulbs.

Next job was for the stripes to be added, I had these custom made from a local car vinyl place so the stripes went down the back of the car instead of stopping on the roof like the Renault ones do. Results below:

StripesFront2.jpg

StripesBack3.jpg

StripesBackClose.jpg

Just after the stripes were added I received a K-tec panel filter in the post so set about putting that in which was very easy and took about 10 mins.

Next I went to a local car audio shop and purchased these:
photo.jpg

Really easy to fit, took about 30mins in total, straight swap for the original speakers and a decent improvement in sound quality.

The latest job I have done on the twingo is to paint the break callipers, I bought some Hammerite metal paint from Halfords for about a tenner and a £1 paint brush, employed a helper and set to work.
photo2.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo9.jpg

They came out really well and think they look great, the backs only needed 1 coat and the fronts we gave 2 coats.
Only took around 2 hours for the first coat all round, then another 30-45mins the following weekend to do the second coat on the fronts.

Next mods:
Haven't got too much more planned at the Min especially as its starting to get cold :p
One thing im going to do soon is to put the original speakers which I took from the front of the car into the back as the wirings already there, just need to find something to hold them in place.
Also thinking about getting the RS gear knob/gator and handbreak as I think they will really finish off the inside of the car well so will save some penny's for that in the next few months, alongside saving for a RS spoiler which I hope to get and fit at the beginning of next year.

Will try to keep this thread updated as I add more to the car.

First mod I did was to remove the bung from the air box which massively improved the noise the car made and took all of 10 seconds

sorry ?

James

twingo133":32vs84oz said:
First mod I did was to remove the bung from the air box which massively improved the noise the car made and took all of 10 seconds

sorry ?

James

On the left side of the airbox is a rubber square bung that blocks a drilled section of the box. Removing this (just tug it lol) allows more air (albeit warm air) in and gives it a bit more grunt.

Mine was removed on the forecourt...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all the subtle mods that add up to make a difference. The calipers look good too.

The airbox bung is the best mod you can do. My missus took hers off the airbox and it makes a great noise now. Renault obviously promote it as the sales guy showed us how to take it out. :lol:

Right, im gunna go and have a look know!
:p
im actually a little excited!
cheap and cheerful mod!

Thankyou

James

Mine is not the official Renault one im not sure how much that is.

I had mine custom made, its the same as the Renault one but mine goes down the back where the Renault one stops on the roof.
It was £110 made and fitted I think, from a local car vinyl place.

Little update:

This arrived yesterday :D
bb54c382.jpg

Compared to standard aerial:
63d7326f.jpg

Fitted!
d455934a.jpg

58ecca5d.jpg

9ee1cf4e.jpg

I don't normally listen to the radio much but had it on today on the way to work and back to see if there was much difference in signal quality, only really listen to radio 1 or 5live for the football so had that on and it was exactly the same as with the standard aerial didn't notice any loss of signal at all which is good :D

Nice antenna indeed, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get it?

Also love the car, but I think you need to get rid of the Twingo on the back, that would make the striping stand out much better

iamstuart":2xyu5a1a said:
First mod I did was to remove the bung from the air box which massively improved the noise the car made and took all of 10 seconds :D
Am I being thick... But can you do this in other models? Coz reading that you have all done it makes me wanna do it but ive onl got the Dynamique.. So I don't even know what's in the engine lol.. :)
Dutchie":2xyu5a1a said:
Also love the car, but I think you need to get rid of the Twingo on the back, that would make the striping stand out much better

+ 1 looks a bit busy mate!

Dutchie":1omit1eq said:
Nice antenna indeed, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get it?

Arial was from ebay, only cost a few quid and has been spot on, will get you a link when im back home.

The twingo on the back was going to be removed a few weeks ago but I dont have a hairdryer to loosen it off! The plan is to borrow one from my sister but then I also need to sort out an extention lead, im just not well equiped doh!

BEJ_2011":1xsn3huy said:
iamstuart":1xsn3huy said:
Am I being thick... But can you do this in other models? Coz reading that you have all done it makes me wanna do it but ive onl got the Dynamique.. So I don't even know what's in the engine lol.. :)

I don't know to be honest with you, it will be easy to tell though, have a quick look on the side of the air box and see if you see a rubber rectangle if so it should just pull off.

The bit that wants pulling out looks like this
93RenSportTwingoBung1.jpg