Impact Gun

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Thinking one would come in handy after borrowing a friends one today to lower the 133. Any ideas on them dont wanna be paying big monies as it will only be used here and there.

even if he never used it it would still b the only option hahahaha
and with the nicad batts hes looking at at least £600 but he does get a choice of colours hahahahaha

Is there orange :lol:

Maybe ill just keep borrowing the techys at works guns or gareths :lol:

ye orange red and green in this months special offers

3/8 impact gun think its £350 in the above colours
1/2 impact gun thats £500 i think in the above colours

i bought myself the 3/8th one in green this month , as 1/2 i rarely will be using as i have a snap on breaker bar 1/2 plus plenty of 3/8 to 1/2 adapters i can break haha but there good for the money.

Mines a snap on, borrow it whenever mate. U know I'm not bothered lol

If you're using it predominantly for wheel bolts I'd advise 1/2 inch drive.

Al":2lcwdygz said:

i agree my 3/8 gun will do big stuff like wheel bolts,crank etc but it kills the batt where as the 1/2 gun will undo anything (as long as it hasnt got a honda badge on the front of it :evil: )

TURBO":1lj7aa48 said:
Al":1lj7aa48 said:

i agree my 3/8 gun will do big stuff like wheel bolts,crank etc but it kills the batt where as the 1/2 gun will undo anything (as long as it hasnt got a honda badge on the front of it :evil: )

I was thinking that if it's used for wheel bolts all the time then a 1/2inch has less of a chance of shearing off. I used my 'gun for trackdays and it takes a fair amount of abuse even though it's not used too often.

[/quote]
I was thinking that if it's used for wheel bolts all the time then a 1/2inch has less of a chance of shearing off. I used my 'gun for trackdays and it takes a fair amount of abuse even though it's not used too often.[/quote]

depends but as far as snap on goes the drive parts are made from the same stuff so shouldnt shear,snap and if they do then they should b covered (depending on ur dealer :roll: )
it just kills ur batt and if u keep doing it it will kill ur motor :cry:

my guns live in the back of my car most of the time as they get used all day and night at both my jobs and are perfect for breakdowns/trackdays etc :mrgreen:
my air guns air left in the draw for the mega tight stuff

I'd love a compressor and air wrench but the amount of times I'd use it would make it redundant most of the year.

Another thing with impact guns to whoever is considering one is make sure you get the impact sockets as it's highly recommended you never use the standard sockets most people have in their sets.

iv had a chrome socket shatter on me before because i was to lazy to go get the impact socket!! :oops: :roll:
lets just say i wont be doing it again!!and those pants went in the bin :!:

TURBO":3o9kyxds said:
iv had a chrome socket shatter on me before because i was to lazy to go get the impact socket!! :oops: :roll:
lets just say i wont be doing it again!!and those pants went in the bin :!:

Ive had the same :oops: Lazyness gets us nowhere :lol:

You can get a 4 impact socket set covering most wheel bolt sizes (17,19mm etc) on Amazon for about a fiver.