induction kit suggestions?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcushudghton1

Reaction score
I have decided i am installing an iduction kit in the rs, however i am not sure what brand or model would be the best in terms of performance and money? Though I would ask some people who have experience with different brands of induction systems on twingo's?
The bmc cda looks like a good option...

think you just answered your own question there lol. but one suggestion i would make, having heard them both ... although i think they both look crap in situ, the k&n apollo makes the twingo like an AMG i kid you not. if AMG made a 4 cylinder! sounds really cool compared to the BMC which does sound cool to, but not as ridiculous as the k&n.

i suppose it's upto you to decide what you want in an induction kit. none of them are going to gain you any power, just noise and nothing more. you'll no doubt loose a few BHP but who cares :p

marcushudghton1":vzg76mdy said:
I have decided i am installing an iduction kit in the rs, however i am not sure what brand or model would be the best in terms of performance and money? Though I would ask some people who have experience with different brands of induction systems on twingo's?
The bmc cda looks like a good option...

in term of performance and money the original that cost 0 is for far the best as none will you bring any perf

you can also just change the filter by a Green or BMC or pipercross or other brand

mazmaz":22xxytc6 said:
in term of performance and money the original that cost 0 is for far the best as none will you bring any perf

you can also just change the filter by a Green or BMC or pipercross or other brand

I agree with mazmaz. An induction kit only sound better, performance will be worse! Renault Sport's standard air filters are incredibly well designed, with a different panel filter in them you will get the best performance and a pretty nice sound.

panel filters your best bet, the car was set up to be the best it can be in terms of airflow into the engine using the original airbox and filter. unless you are going to cam it and ITB it then you really don't need an induction kit, opt for a green panel filter or a BMC / pipercross panel filter and you'll be in a good position for better breathing without loosing power :)

marcushudghton1":2og8uu8u said:
What about a panel filter? would that be a better option or is it just a waste of time?

Depends on what your looking for. I have a BMC replacement panel filter in mine, it definitely sounds better. But the engine also picks up better and revs faster (I did have it remapped). Mine runs much better than a RS I test drove with the K&N induction kit, my car revs much smoother and has a much more constant power band. But the K&N sounds angrier :twisted: and louder which did became annoying on the highway.

I have a K&N and I can agree. The noise is fantastic. It makes the already throaty 2k-3k rpm range a lot more noticeable. If you go onto my progress thread I think there's a picture of it installed.

And if I was to get a k&n Apollo, would it have to be one specifically for a twingo or will any fit? Not sure if the pipe diameter would be different or?

We have a Pipercross Viper on ours and it sounds INSANE! Just ask Davie (oscar), it's mental. There's a picture on our progress thread I think.

And performance-wise, the way we see it, there is never going to be a big gain or loss and the RS is all about fun: more noise=more fun!

70mm filter is what you are looking for sir :) essentially just about any induction style filter that's got a 70mm diameter outlet will fit your twingo as the intake pipe into the inlet manifold is 70mm in diameter.

your intake hose has a 25mm breather in it, i believe samco do one of those but it'll no doubt be rather expensive. nothing wrong with the oem hose though lol

We bought a silicone hose but ended up just fitting it with the standard hose - no need to spend the extra cash!