info clio 182 injectors

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Il lungo

Reaction score
hi guys, i need to know if, clio 182 injectors' fit on twingo's fuel rail or need their own one? sorry for this stupid question, i'm looking different offers..thanks :oops:

182 injectors, they fit the twingo one, some of the Lads have been fitting them on the 1.2 TCE's. I notice you have a 1.2 dynamique and a 133, think I right i saying the injectors will be useless for both these cars (?)

Il lungo":7ilw68cq said:
hi guys, i need to know if, clio 182 injectors' fit on twingo's fuel rail or need their own one? sorry for this stupid question, i'm looking different offers..thanks :oops:
They fit the twingo one, lots of topics about this already lol

weebob":3jv0y2pb said:
182 injectors, they fit the twingo one, some of the Lads have been fitting them on the 1.2 TCE's. I notice you have a 1.2 dynamique and a 133, think I right i saying the injectors will be useless for both these cars (?)

Fit the standard TCe rail and 182 injectors are useless on 133s and a 1.2n/a, only cause maybe having ITBs on the 133?

ah pardon, they will maybe fit the rs
je i try search button, but come out only some various topics, not specific one, maybe i do that wrong
i'm search infos about stock rs injectors to try to understand if, if i remap my 133, this 182's will work better then stock, but maybe it would be useless

Il lungo":3lwvt5nq said:
je i try search button, but come out only some various topics, not specific one, maybe i do that wrong
i'm search infos about stock rs injectors to try to understand if, if i remap my 133, this 182's will work better then stock, but maybe it would be useless

As above, no need for them on the RS133, only beneficial to the Turbo engines

JE_GT":33fiolqw said:
Il lungo":33fiolqw said:

ah ok ok thanks for explanation :D

Il lungo":1i5c40gu said:
JE_GT":1i5c40gu said:
Il lungo":1i5c40gu said:

ah ok ok thanks for explanation :D
No worries :)

Il lungo":sxoqbew8 said:
waitey i mean change the stock 133 injectors whit 182's set, according to remap, no other
for a remap on an RS133, the power increase will be small (5%) with the main benefit being drivability. Still reserve capacity in the injectors.

The 1.2TCe could see 30% increase in power, which leaves their injectors on maximum flow. Hence the upgrade.

singlespeed":nbbx4b44 said:
Il lungo":nbbx4b44 said:
waitey i mean change the stock 133 injectors whit 182's set, according to remap, no other
for a remap on an RS133, the power increase will be small (5%) with the main benefit being drivability. Still reserve capacity in the injectors.

The 1.2TCe could see 30% increase in power, which leaves their injectors on maximum flow. Hence the upgrade.

This means 133s will actually make 133bhp after a remap! :p

waitey":3plxztit said:
singlespeed":3plxztit said:
Il lungo":3plxztit said:

This means 133s will actually make 133bhp after a remap! :p
true-story-neil-patrick-harris-310x295.png

singlespeed":1o8d1oki said:
Il lungo":1o8d1oki said:

The tce injectors are on full duration on standard car at 4500 revs.

The 182 fit with the standard fuel rail, are of an older less efficient design more of a spray than a mist, but flow more so are a good upgrade pound for pound.

If wanting big power opt for some 330 injectors ideally.

Westy":72mug9fo said:
singlespeed":72mug9fo said:
Il lungo":72mug9fo said:

The 182 fit with the standard fuel rail, are of an older less efficient design more of a spray than a mist, but flow more so are a good upgrade pound for pound.

R26 injectors?

JE_GT":3tctmlht said:
Westy":3tctmlht said:
singlespeed":3tctmlht said:
Il lungo":3tctmlht said:

R26 injectors?

Ask Paul at RS tuning, he was itching to do a big turbo conversion on a twingo GT, I said no as I don't have the funds :lol:

F4RT injectors should fit as they are interchangable on the saxo's with the F4R injectors, i beleive 182 injectors are 300cc @3bar and the meg ones are 380 or there abouts!

horribly unreliable the megane ones though

bigger doesn't always mean better.

In an ideal world, the injector would be fully open at peak fuel demand, meaning fine tunning flow rates at lower demands could be more precise. Having an injector which is twice the required capacity means its never above 50% flow, so you only have half the range for lesser flow rates and maybe can't get a precise flow.

Obviously shit happens and things wear occasionaly, hence why 80-90% duty cycle is normaly recomended

singlespeed":226omd6a said:
bigger doesn't alwas mean better.

In an ideal world, the injector would be fully open at peak fuel demand, meaning fine tunning flow rates at lower demands could be more precise. Having an injector which is twice the required capacity means its never above 50% flow, so you only have half the range for lesser flow rates and maybe can't get a precise flow.

Obviously s**t happens and things wear occasionaly, hence why 80-90% duty cycle is normaly recomended
isn't tht what the ecu's parameters are tweaked for upon remap, the opening and closing times of the solenoid to deliver the correct amount of fuel regardless of its cubic capacity

hankhill":2gd64z3q said:
singlespeed":2gd64z3q said:
bigger doesn't alwas mean better.

Obviously s**t happens and things wear occasionaly, hence why 80-90% duty cycle is normaly recomended
isn't tht what the ecu's parameters are tweaked for upon remap, the opening and closing times of the solenoid to deliver the correct amount of fuel regardless of its cubic capacity
Erm, No. Not regardless of its cubic capacity.

They are tweeked because of its cubic capacity. Fitting all the common cars with the same 500cc injector would likely save the manufacturers a fortune by bulk buying as they should be good for 400hp(250hp on a turbo)...
So, are you advocating that a 500cc injector run at 50-55% duty for a 1.2TCe would be a good selection? In which case, why did you only fit the ones from an RS133 when you did the mapping on yours?

Maybe if the ECU was infinately variable and could precicely control the flow to a super small fraction of a percent then any large injector could be used on any car. However, lots of ECUs are running HEX tables which only have 0-FF or 255 load points. So, 0.4% increment control for the duty cycle.