Insurance Help!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anewstead123

Reaction score
Hi.
Im Due To Get My Twingo Delivered Tomoro (On My Birthday)!

However, The Problem I Have Is That My Current Insurance Policy I Am Only A Named Driver On And It Still Has 2 Months To Run, I Need To Let It Run Out As Then I Can Insure My Twingo In My Own Name With 1 Years No Claim Discount!

Therefore, Anybody Know Of An Insurance Provider That May Be Able To Help Out Temporarily Insuring My Little Twingo Til September And Then More Than Likely Having A Year Of My Services Once I Can Legitimately Use My 1 Year!

Many Thanks
Ash!

All those capitals make it hard to read!

There's very few insurers who will give a named driver 1 years NCB so you'd be lucky of you found one other than the policyholders insurer.

Also if you're a named driver you wouldn't be making any payments as its not your policy so just take out your own insurance now because insurance companies who say named drivers get a NCB aren't entirely true as the NCB would only be valid to them and not any other insurance company.

I personally am with Aviva and have been for years as they have beaten every other quote I was given after phoning them up and asking them to match/beat it.

Its amazing what they will do when you phone up and say "I want to cancel my insurance as I found it cheaper elsewhere."

Oh...
Well I'm currently with Cooperative Young Driver and they seem to say that i do earn NCB as a named driver, however not everything they have said before has been entirely so il have to double check!

Looks like i could have some phone calls to make!

Any idea if there are many companies that offer temporary insurance at reasonable prices, i just wanna have a little drive one day in the beaut!

There's a place that advertise on tv , think it's tempcover that will do 1-28 day policies. You might be better off looking at something like elephant's 10 month plans and sorting yourself out that way though - think you can end up paying quite a lot on temp insurance quite quickly.

To give yourself a little leeway, have you gotten yourself an aviva driveway insurance policy? Should get you your first 7 days free with that

Well the garage i brought the car from offered 7 days free insurance, but my age restricted that, im only 20!
:/

Anewstead123":28wggsb5 said:
Well the garage i brought the car from offered 7 days free insurance, but my age restricted that, im only 20!
:/

Which garage was that? I got my 133 at 20 and was given free 7 days insurance but I already arranged my own

Anewstead123":16ln9pkz said:
Its called Tyneside Autoparc...

How did you arrange your own and at what cost?

Called the the insurance company and said I'm going to buy the car on said day as I already put the deposit down whilst they prepare it for me, service and clean ect then my insurance started the day I picked it up.

That's the brief story, but there was some delay in pick up so I called the company who gave me free insurance on my current car at the time for a month in case delivery was delayed that long so I was insured on both my GT I still had and the RS at the garage.

Right, Its £150 more for a year without any NCB maybe life wont turn out so bad after all, definately going to to try and get hold of some of this free 7 days tho, even though i am only 20!