Interesting stuff about Hal Ridge's Clio K4M manifold?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello mate, only just seen your reply via this post.

Im more than happy to discuss my engine set-up with you. I currently have better cams coming from Cat Cams (304 Degree) and some soild lifters coming from Sweden. With both of these we should be able to rev to 10,000rpm

I will have to check our compression ratio. The conrods I use are made in France by XrallyParts.

PM me for more info if you need it mate, or post on here.

Again, sorry about not replying, I did not see your post.

www.halridge.com

Hi Hal,

That's ok! :) I am sure people would love to see your specs and progress here... With the exhaust did you went from 160 bhp to 175 bhp or was that 160 bhp already with the exhaust?

maybe oliver can chime in in this conversation. he outperformed the twingo RS engine with his old K4M without VVT or racing ECU :) he has lots of good ideas...

ansaug_2.jpg

104kw @5670rpm

Your right we had a 15bhp increase with the exhaust manifold.

It would be interesting to hear what Oliver has to say?

speaking of exhausts... this manifold oliver produced (clio 172 mani with k4m flange) also brought 14bhp increase without (!) remap (and without cat, of course hehe) on a twingo RS.

twingo_manifold.jpg

Thats what I ran on my K4M before having a full custom exhaust made, just used a 172 manifold and made a new flange.

I have a replica of S1600 one now, 4-2-1 yeah but much longer and smoother flow. We lowered the steering rack etc to achieve this.

HrRACING":38xk29x2 said:
I have a replica of S1600 one now, 4-2-1 yeah but much longer and smoother flow. We lowered the steering rack etc to achieve this.

This S1600 4-2-1, does this also give better torque? Your engine is non VVT due to regulations right? Just like Marcel Snoeijers, right?

HrRACING":tvgsth0b said:
Hello mate, only just seen your reply via this post.

Im more than happy to discuss my engine set-up with you. I currently have better cams coming from Cat Cams (304 Degree) and some soild lifters coming from Sweden. With both of these we should be able to rev to 10,000rpm

I will have to check our compression ratio. The conrods I use are made in France by XrallyParts.

PM me for more info if you need it mate, or post on here.

Again, sorry about not replying, I did not see your post.

www.halridge.com

What kind of power and torque level are you now up to? I've heard from Marcel Snoeijers he gave up in the end (with a all round tuner) and bought himself a real S1600 engine (I don't know which evolution, but over 220 bhp I guess). Do you also use the sump strengthening kit or 1.5 diesel crank? If you look into you story it almost seems strange that the new R2 Evo has 190 bhp, probably without even using ITB's... Perhaps Sodemo know stuff about these engines, others don't?