Interior light problem

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthias

Reaction score
Hi all!

Well it's not really a problem, but everytime I install (3 different already) an aftermarket LED bulb instead of a normal one the LED stays lit on even when I turn my car off. It doesn't burn bright, it's barely visible, but it's taking some electricity away anyhow and that bothers me. Since I already tried out 3 different aftermarket LEDs I think it has something to do with a connector (please note I have a sunroof, so the light casing is slightly different than normal). What should I do? Is it worth bothering at all. Normal light has no problem operating as it should. :cool:

Thanks in advance!

There's always going to be a small current. LEDs are much more efficient and therefore it takes less to start glowing. And that current is enough. It's not using any more than a standard bulb would in that situation, so just ignore it.

I see. The only thing I don't understand is - how come the interior light stays on, but the boot one does not. Anyway, you have convinced me to leave it in the car, so in case I run out of power, I can call you to give me a lift? ;)

Happens with mine as well. Friend has a Ibiza and it's the same story there.

It goes off after a while though.

Roger that, I'm visiting UK in a month or two, so I might just give you a call now haha - could use you as a Taxi instead of renting some ordinary Toyota Corolla, but then again, Hertz offers those Focus STs as well...got a bit off topic, but tnx, I'll just fit that LED back in, when the power runs out, I know who I'm calling.

One more thing, I bought these for the headlights and sidelights and they work in a perfect harmony, couldn't be more happy with them:

https://www.regalautobulbs.co.uk/products/philips-vision-led-w5w.php
https://www.regalautobulbs.co.uk/products/philips-xtreme-vision-h4.php

Cheers!