iPhone?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BG11PPY

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm an owner of a Blackberry Bold 9000 (on T-Mobile) and after a gruelling 18 months of having a phone that has no good apps (apart from BBM) and terrible web access its time for an upgrade!

My BB Bold broke twice; (1) Volume and Scroll Ball - (2) Scroll Ball - so I will not be keeping the phone and REALLY want an iPhone (I'm 20 years old and games etc still attract me)

Has anyone got a good deal on theirs and if so from what company (and what tariff)

I'm looking for

*Unlimited internet (or such a high allowance that nobody could ever use it)
*A fair few hundred texts - say ... 300?
*A good amount of minutes so that I'm not always looking at my useage ... about 500

I am looking around the net but I'd appreciate any iPhone or tech whizzes input!

Firstly, only 3 networks currently market the iPhone in the UK. o2, Vodafone and Orange.

Secondly, what's your budget - how much do you pay at present and what do you get in return? (If you of course don't mind me asking, that is) This might help us find you similar (if not, better) deals only on an iPhone instead of a Blackberry. :)

Sam":wgw2itos said:
Firstly, only 3 networks currently Market the iPhone in the UK. o2, Vodafone and Orange.

You can get iPhones on t-mobile, 3 (don't know why you would want to) or tesco mobile etc too.

Most telecoms companies have been reducing their 'unlimited' internet allowances, so nowadays it's often worth reading the small-print around individual contract sets to find usage caps. There are quite general ones for each network, but it's late and I'm on my phone, so will try to remember to look tomorrow.

Whatever you do do not get the iPhone 3... It's going to be out of date in the next few months :) the 4 should be going into some good deals about now ready for the release of the 5 over the summer :)

I currently pay 38;

-Unlimited internet and blackberry services (BBM and E-Mail)
-Unlimited texts
-250 minutes

Trouble is I never text because all of my mates and the missus have BBM or whatsapp but I get close to my minutes each month, I got the BB Bold for free.

I was looking at the 3GS (didn't know the 5 was coming out soon) so i'll look at the 4!

If you look at my progress thread I live in the countryside deep deep deep in the countryside lol, and my house is a black hole for phone signal, i've been with O2 for years but moved to T-Mobile as they get me good signal where I am, so do Orange.

Orange done a good deal, I think my mum and sister pay £45 a month, unlimited texts, 900 minutes and I think unlimited or 1gb of Internet too! Just pop into a shop and find out! With orange you can use t-mobile signal too so gets you better coverage! Just steer clear of the 3Gs honestly it's not worth it now, I've had mine 2 years and the only reason I've still got it is coz I'm waiting for the 5 :)

Im currently on orange with an iPhone 4
£35pm
unlimited texts
600mins
unlimited internet (fair usage thing of like 750mb I think)
I paid £100 for the phone also, this was back in september as an upgrade, also 24month contract.

iamstuart":nrl7umll said:
Im currently on orange with an iPhone 4
£35pm
unlimited texts
600mins
unlimited internet (fair usage thing of like 750mb I think)
I paid £100 for the phone also, this was back in september as an upgrade, also 24month contract.

So 750mb is impossible to use in a month?

for my iphone 4, i pay £20.50 a month

thats with 900 minutes, unlimited texts and 750mb data, its a 12 month contract

this was sim free and i paid £350 brand new for the phone

its not impossible to use all your data, ive done it once when i 1st got it downloading LOADS

I've seen one on orange Iphone 4 16GB - 35 a month with unlimited texts 400 minutes and 750mb data! Paying 100 quid for the phone!

If you use all of the data allowance do you then get charged for additional data or does it just 'stop'

na, my text from o2 said they would just reduce my internet speed, they didnt charge me for it, i could browse websites ok, just couldnt download anything

BG11PPY":2e2r53up said:
I've seen one on orange Iphone 4 16GB - 35 a month with unlimited texts 400 minutes and 750mb data! Paying 100 quid for the phone!

If you use all of the data allowance do you then get charged for additional data or does it just 'stop'

Depends On the network, some do, some don't. My brother got charged a massive amount for going over his on orange.

My mum got an i-phone 4 upgraded from a 3G, for £30 a month and £45 for the phone, with unlimited everything and 700 mins, get an i-phone 4 though as you notice the difference

That was O2 however they matched a similar orange deal so she stayed with them, orange offer much better deals my I-phone 4 is £23 a month with unlimited texts 600 mins and 500mb of web that never goes over unless u go on you tube

Ahhhh i'll see what T-Mobile/Orange offer me tonight when I call, its such aggro though so im trying to spur myself on to call

DrDrew":2w6h9z9k said:
Sam":2w6h9z9k said:
Firstly, only 3 networks currently Market the iPhone in the UK. o2, Vodafone and Orange.

You can get iPhones on t-mobile, 3 (don't know why you would want to) or tesco mobile etc too.

Most telecoms companies have been reducing their 'unlimited' internet allowances, so nowadays it's often worth reading the small-print around individual contract sets to find usage caps. There are quite general ones for each network, but it's late and I'm on my phone, so will try to remember to look tomorrow.

Hmm, but t-mobile and orange have merged networks and Tesco Mobile is operated by o2! :)

Yeah - you'll often find in the small print a "Fair usage policy", i.e. if you're going to be downloading music/video/games or any other rich content 24-7 or in some cases, during peak usage hours, they'll charge you extra. I'm on o2 P&G and top up £15 a month for 500 texts and unlimited internet data usage. It's a good deal, I don't tend to use my phone to ring people too frequently, so didn't see the need to get a call pack.

Sam":a1zuponz said:
Hmm, but t-mobile and orange have merged networks and Tesco Mobile is operated by o2! :)

Yeah, t-mobile and orange are merging, but still sort of separate (from a purchasing prospective) at the moment. Tesco are a separate mobile entity, but they buy bandwidth (effectively) from the o2 network. (operating as a "mobile virtual network operator". It's just so they didn't have to invest in setting up their own infrastructure. - just like VirginMobile are on t-mobile's network)