Is my Mileage High?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
matbry01":323ytdqx said:
TURBO":323ytdqx said:
its just that some people seem to buy a car and wrap it in cotton wool rather than drive them!!!
Karl! cough cough ;)

Hahaha was thinking the same thing.

Mines a 10 plate, had 2 miles on the clock when I got her and in 15 months Iv done just over 17k!! I go everywhere in her tbh. I love the drive and can't help but take her out for a good spin when I'm not at work. I also seem to spend £250 a month on petrol!!!!

Thanks for the shout guys :lol:

Mines a week old with 14700 miles on it :) I just cant help but drive it all the time ;)

Truth:

Mines nearly 3 years old with 1,000 miles on it. I prefer to wrap it up and hide it away instead of driving it.

I'm with the Geeko on this one, I like both my cars to be fair weather cars plus I don't need to use them unless I want too.

Hence my five and a half year old Megane 225 only having 3,200 miles on it and my 11 month old Twingo Gordini having 900 miles on it.

Karl I'm impressed with only 1k in three years! That takes some effort to do that little. Lol

Haha

So how have you managed only 1k in 3 years!! lol I've not made a conscious effort to keep my mileage low but my Gordini has ended up with 900 miles in a year. haha

maggi112":1qdl2exl said:
Karls gone to at least one FCS. Which is a round trip for him of like 150miles or more? So basically, his milegae is twingo meets?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alex_225":3u0u56v1 said:
Haha

So how have you managed only 1k in 3 years!! lol I've not made a conscious effort to keep my mileage low but my Gordini has ended up with 900 miles in a year. haha

No :lol:

14700 and its a 2009 I bought it with 1500 on in the first year it had done 8k miles, Then 6k miles. Was registered end of April.

TheDon":3pmo9uqu said:
Hey whats up all i just wanted to know what you guys think,I have an 09 Twingo 133 RS and i have just done 14489 thousand miles,Is that high for a 09 plate?
Thanks! :D

Nope. My '10 plate has covered nearly 13,000 miles in just over a year, so yours is remarkably low! :p

maggi112":1oiz66h1 said:
What are you lot doing? Just staying in and never driving?

I got out all the time ill have you know just choose to use a differnt type of transport from the Twingo.

Whats the point in my fueling the Twingo if Rachel will fuel the Clio for me to use ;) (Hope she dont read this)

Also when you can pop around town on a bike and keep fit.

True. I'm only messing! I wish I could keep the miles off my car, but with having to use it at work, and going to see mates who aren't always exactly local... one of my best mates lives say 6 miles from my house but if we're going out then it all adds up! another very good mates lives about 24 miles and that really starts to add up!

6 miles! i ride 6 and half miles to work everyday and back after! But like you said the bits after you have met him.

I have a mate that lives about 15 miles away and sometimes ill ride over there just for a chat plus its a excuse to go for a cycle somewhere when im not sure where to go :lol:

Another reason i dont drive my car is so when i do i cant say damn im bored of this and keeps the smile on my face :)

I had to sell my bike a few years ago and never bothered getting a new one. The one i occassiaonlly used was smashed up this week (the forks bent so far back that the pedal is through the front of the front wheel!) after my brother decided he didn't like a BT box at the side of the road :lol:

Twingogeekeo":2u51dty4 said:
Alex_225":2u51dty4 said:
Haha

14700 and its a 2009 I bought it with 1500 on in the first year it had done 8k miles, Then 6k miles. Was registered end of April.

Still pretty low mileage then haha although I was very impressed with 1k in 3 years. lol

Alex_225":3iywzatm said:
Twingogeekeo":3iywzatm said:
Alex_225":3iywzatm said:
Haha

Still pretty low mileage then haha although I was very impressed with 1k in 3 years. lol

PMSL that will be your Gordini in a few years ;)