ITB'd Clio 172 cup.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiamR172

Reaction score
Hi all. I've been on here before but I don't have a clue what my username/password or email were so I've made a new account. If this is can be sorted then please sort it but if it's ok ill just carry on using this account.

Anyways, I thought I'd stick a thread up about my car seeing as I'm here.

172 cup in Mondial blue..

9ysenepu.jpg
uqyju4ab.jpg

A quick rundown of the spec.

Engine:
Clio 172 F4R
Jenvey throttle bodies
VW polo radiator
Catcam 428's
Clio 182 manifold
Ktec link pipe and 182 decat
Ktec stealth cat back
Torques catch can
Pipercross sausage filter
Ktec gen 90 ECU
Vibratechnics engine and gearbox mounts

Wheels&Tyres:
Speedline 2118s
Front - Yokohama parada spec 2
Rear - Toyo R1R
Stud and nut conversion

Suspension:
Spax RSX fully adjustable coilovers
Whiteline RARB

Other:
Fully poly bushed
OMP Corsica steering wheel and OMP boss.
New style RS RenaultSport badge
Black sunstrip
HID lights

There's maybe a few other little bits and bobs I've missed, I took this as Px for my Megane R26 lux as I preferred my last clio over the meg.

It's brilliant fun with the bodies, it's only sitting at 193bhp mapped at RStuning but it goes like shit off a shovel, as a rough guide, it hangs onto my brothers STI imprezza and is quicker than megs and vxrs and the likes.

ygude2yg.jpg
4uha7y2u.jpg
6u2azuta.jpg
yqajehuz.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Liam.

Good attention to detail with the weight saving, only painting half the underside of the bonnet :lol:

Looking forward to seeing this :)

That's standard Neil, theres a few other bits like that too but they have been painted. Im going to paint the bonnet at some point, bump strips come Un lacquered and it's got thinner windows than a standard 172.. oh and how could I forget the cloth seats :/

Thanks buddy, yeah it's great fun, as most renault sports, it gives you a good smile when your pressing on.

With no ABS or traction control it can be a bit of a handful at times too, especially in the wet!

Love this. I know that new cars are all moving to smaller capacity and turbocharging but there is nothing that replaces a well sorted NA engine. I bet it's an absolute tool to drive, lovely cup!

Yeah well the whole N/A Vs boost thing is basically why I went back to the clio, the megane was a great car but you really can't beat a high revving N/A engine screaming at you on a nice sunny day out on the backroads.

If there's any meets in/Around the inverness area ill pop out for a look.

LiamR172":1ee2s0ep said:
Yeah well the whole N/A Vs boost thing is basically why I went back to the clio, the megane was a great car but you really can't beat a high revving N/A engine screaming at you on a nice sunny day out on the backroads.

If there's any meets in/Around the inverness area ill pop out for a look.

F4R isn't anywhere close to high revving though? 7 grand and it's out of puff, unless you're on standalone management and are redlining at 8k or something then i'm totally facepalming this one :p fantastic engine nonetheless, perhaps not as fantastic as cliosport.net would like to make out though. do you ever frequent knockhill? there seems to be a shed load of clio 1*2's turn up there. it's an awesome spectacle seeing big gaz loose it on just about every corner, such an angry angry boy

As said in the OP it's running a Ktec Gen 90 ecu, forgot to say it does have a raised limiter.

I do do the odd track day, haven't been round in this yet although it has been round a few times with the previous owner. We had the track hired out last month for ourselves actually, and I think the main reason for all the clios there now is the price of them. Getting too cheap to ignore for a good track car!

Well being honest, it's fairly a reliable engine when it's looked after, and in such a small car it goes quite well. Although you're right about the clio being the best car in the world according to CS haha.