It's a sad day today

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
waitey":kku1yozr said:
What was the damage on her car? (I assume you took pictures of her damage as she drove into you)
Dented door, wing and bent the wheel in to the arch (camber yo!) and yes I took pictures

so you bent the track rod end. hmmm, that's not so bad. you may get away with not needing a steering rack, it just depends i suppose but even at that it's not such a huge repair plus it wasn't your fault lol

maybe you could ... you know, point out that your cv joints done in too from accident damage WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE

oscar":123t0hrr said:
so you bent the track rod end. hmmm, that's not so bad. you may get away with not needing a steering rack, it just depends i suppose but even at that it's not such a huge repair plus it wasn't your fault lol

maybe you could ... you know, point out that your cv joints done in too from accident damage WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE
Yep get under and split the rubber lol also I'll take your rs badge :p

oscar":2o1lfpbd said:

that's the damage to her car mate and your not the first to say that about the cv joints haha!

LC":2o1lfpbd said:
oscar":2o1lfpbd said:

Yep get under and split the rubber lol also I'll take your rs badge :p
I can't take the badge off as they take pictures how the car is replace anything damaged, plus they have to bin everything after so I can't get it back, I was going to take the RS badge of but if I did I wouldn't have got a new one

well if your track rod end is bent in and affecting geometry, then it's probably safe to say that no engineer would deny that the cv joints could possibly be damaged too! so you may get away with it, you could always point out that the driveshafts humped. obviously fraud's not something i'd recommend though. saying you could do it, and doing it are two different things!

i could win the lottery next week :p

oscar":30lh1v8d said:
well if your track rod end is bent in and affecting geometry, then it's probably safe to say that no engineer would deny that the cv joints could possibly be damaged too! so you may get away with it, you could always point out that the driveshafts humped. obviously fraud's not something i'd recommend though. saying you could do it, and doing it are two different things!

i could win the lottery next week :p
I get what your saying ;)

This is precisely why I have an in car camera. There is a good chance that one day someone (notice I didn't say woman) will drive into me and play dumb. It's a nice thing to know you'll have nothing to worry about. I'm telling you guys it's a couple of hundred quid well spent. If you get a decent one it can also be used on track days too. Mine is a 1080p/30fps joby.

Stunty":2jm5f6fl said:
This is precisely why I have an in car camera. There is a good chance that one day someone (notice I didn't say woman) will drive into me and play dumb. It's a nice thing to know you'll have nothing to worry about. I'm telling you guys it's a couple of hundred quid well spent. If you get a decent one it can also be used on track days too. Mine is a 1080p/30fps joby.
All our work vans have cameras and 1 of them is upgrading soon and giving me the old one but it just wasn't soon enough :(

Been down to the garage today and it's been stripped ready for rebuild and paint! Possibly getting it back end of next week. It's not a write off yay [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]