Jack points

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_McLav

Reaction score
Just ordered myself a shiny new 2 ton jack with 3 ton stands to help me with oil change and rear pads, but looking at the jack points they are slightly bent (all) and I don't fancy using them. Is there anywhere else I could try to lift car or any tips you guys could offer? Thanks

the 'jacking points' are a false economy rob. they are ONLY to be used for lifting the car on a ramp and for NOTHING else. the load on the sills needs to be proportional over the 4 points, otherwise they bend and end up humped. :)

stick the jack onto the 2 chassis rail underneath the car, either side of the exhaust well and then stick an axle stand onto the chassis rail make sure to leave enough room for the axle stand. this is good for raising the front for working on just about everything. if you are working on the rears, jack the car up in the centre of the beam axle and then place two axle stands either side of it. you can use the two rear jacking points on the sills as long as you raise the front is already raised and on axle stands on the chassis rails. if you want to work on rear suspension, the rear jacking points is the best option .. if you just want to remove wheels and do your rear brakes etc then axle stands on rear beam is spot on!

hope this helps mate

Where are the jacking points on the rear? When the front isn't raised? So I can change suspension parts etc..

this isn't pretty, but i took the OEM jacking points (which are designed ONLY for garage lift / ramp use, and not for raising the car with a jack.) and put red through the lines and put in the correct places to raise and place axle stands.
jacking_points.jpg

there are other points where you can jack, but i didn't list them as you don't need to know them...if you're not mechanically minded, it'd only confuse the hell out of you trying to identify the correct part!

So basically, lift the hole of the rear end up, axel stands under both sills at the rear, and then you can do stuff on the suspension?