Jay4's Silverstone Thread

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay4

Reaction score
Decided it would be worth having a thread mainly for any pictures etc that I have of my Silverstone, Number 22.

I currently have a 133 cup, but I will update this with pictures of the Silverstone.

The car is due back to the dealer today after having the RS spoiler and diffuser sprayed and fitted. I shall try and get there tonight and upload some photos!

Spoiler & Diffuser
Just had a call from the dealer to say she had come back from the local body shop. I ordered the RS Spoiler and RS Diffuser and asked them to replace the ones already on there when she was delivered.

This is what she came back looking like. I'm over the moon! The pictures don't due her justice in my opinion, but I appreciate everyones thoughts? The salesman Nick said they gave it a "mean look*, and honestly I agree with him.

The light was starting to get poor so these are the only pictures I could get!

The only down side is I have to wait until the 1st March (for the 2012 plate) to pick her up!

2evdvmr.jpg

10ofcy9.jpg

2zszgv7.jpg

Yeh, I could get it before but I'd rather hold out for a new 2012 plate. Are you coming to the meet on the 18th March. I wanted to know if the "mercury" paint is the same on the RS 133 as it is the RS Silverstone?

yer its the same paint on standard and silverstone.

depends on how much work i have got to do, but hopefully coming

I am unsure if the paint is the same, we discussed it at the Scottish meet, and Jamesy1990 has a silver non silverstone Twingo, we had them parked together and the silverstone is slightly darker than the normal RS.

Lordyb":18dcmnj7 said:
I am unsure if the paint is the same, we discussed it at the Scottish meet, and Jamesy1990 has a silver non silverstone Twingo, we had them parked together and the silverstone is slightly darker than the normal RS.

We did the same test in London, Chris wannabe (me) and Chris silverstone(thegow) :p and they were the same, but the cars were the same ages

It does say on the rs site that the silverstone is Mercury Silver

How easy is it for renault to fit the diffuser and does it actually do anything? I know the clios does but havent seen a twingo one before

the_notorious_C_A_T":2xwrws2a said:
I think it really suits the spoiler. I would have thought it would come with that spoiler from the factory as well since it has everything the rs has if yo uget me.

Would be nice for the RS spoiler accross the whole range of RS twingos ;)

Jay can't wait to hear as see this new one

I quite like my little sticky uppy spoiler on my rs lol

i can imagine the cup spoiler and diffuser doibg a little bit of aero as it sticks out quite far. Im sure mine does sweet fa for stability as my back end has been everywhere lately but then again im still in my testing the car phase and its handling is erm...different to the saxos 106s ive owned :)

Not sure yet...i think the grease on the roads and the fact the twingo has more torqur isnt helping :s

twing0joe":2q0vtvet said:
How easy is it for renault to fit the diffuser and does it actually do anything? I know the clios does but havent seen a twingo one before

Fairly easy I guess but the body shop who sprayed them did them on behalf of Renault.

You gonna collect it on Thursday then mate? :) Bet you cant wait lol