K-Tec Catback exhaust fitting.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KneeCaap

Reaction score
Guys,

I have just ordered a K-Tec catback exhaust for my 58 GT,
Just wondering if you could give me some advice on fitting it myself..
Is it an easy enough job?
what tools will i require?

Cheers Guys

In the UK you can do anything for that noise thing on the back so some zip ties and a hammer should suffice :p

Mine was welded on in a shop (not a K-Tec axhaust)

Couple of spanners or deep neck sockets. Rubber mallet possibly. Exhaust assembly paste. Jobs a gooden ;)

I have most of those items which is good! Haha

Want my car to sound a bit nicer, since the standard exhaust doesn't really give that much noise!

It's bloody easy to fit. You will need to remove the head shield when you remove old exhaust from under the car to make it easier to access everything, well I think I did that.... I also had to angle grind my back box off as it was welded over the axle so wouldn't pull out. You will need atleast a 12" extension bar on your socket/ratchet to reach the 2 bolts on the manifold as they're hard to reach otherwise!

oh great, get to do some angle grinding! bonus!
well i will make sure i have everything.. hoping it comes in time to fit this weekend! :)

JE_GT":3dxud16z said:
It's bloody easy to fit. You will need to remove the head shield when you remove old exhaust from under the car to make it easier to access everything, well I think I did that.... I also had to angle grind my back box off as it was welded over the axle so wouldn't pull out. You will need atleast a 12" extension bar on your socket/ratchet to reach the 2 bolts on the manifold as they're hard to reach otherwise!
same didnt angle grind mine did my the old fashioned way with a hack saw as i only had grinding disks no cutting ones. easy to fit took me 40 min

i wudnt be angle grinding it off so i can easily stick it back on when i come to sell it.

2 lower damper bolts removed, jack car up to lower rear beam down, exhaust will then wiggle and twist off hopefully without removing rear bumper, thats how i do 172's

Martin_172":1ribwm0y said:
i wudnt be angle grinding it off so i can easily stick it back on when i come to sell it.

2 lower damper bolts removed, jack car up to lower rear beam down, exhaust will then wiggle and twist off hopefully without removing rear bumper, thats how i do 172's
Too much effort lol

JE_GT":18lc2ihx said:
Martin_172":18lc2ihx said:

Too much effort lol

do that in half the time it takes you to cut the thing in half and then your fucked if you want to return it to standard!