K-Tec Top Mounts now listed for Twingo

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
get ATS's ones ;) pretty orange but they dont mount them as hard as ktecs ones

How about you give me £154 and then I will tell you the 133 handles better. That;s how useful they would be. Unless you are a professional circuit driver and on a May day when the sun is just right, 3 rabbits are sitting on the Northern verge of Silverstone circuit and Cat D is in the pits wishing you luck, just then will you maybe be able to tell they are fitted.

I am about the only person I can think of who "might" find a use for them and even I can't see how they'd make a blind bit of difference to the handling on a perfectly set up car. Do KTec actually think 133 owners will buy these? How about spend time making something actually worthwhile. Like an ECU map that claims 10% power increases.... oh wait.....

with the clios i thought there was turret/suspension knocking so upated mounts came on but noone else have had these problems on the mk2 twingos...touch wood.
they must of fitted them to a twingo recently and updated their website like Kam did when mk2 rear braces could fit.
wishing a front brace could be as that has been proven to knock off up to a second on the track..... kinda getting an image in my head that just having a rear brace would twists the chassis more awkwardly then not having one at all, putting the strain in the middle so to speak

The rear strut you have Orb makes zero difference. It's a placebo. Front ones, properly made and correctly fitted would be great but it won't ever happen. No company will make them (and I mean to actually work rather than be like the rear ones - pretty and that's it) as the engine bay is too tight. You'd have to remove a large section of the bonnet/scuttle to make a front strut actually work.

Also the front turrets are so tight due to the size of the front end a front brace isnt needed!

Al":2m2i0jwx said:
The rear strut you have Orb makes zero difference. It's a placebo. Front ones, properly made and correctly fitted would be great but it won't ever happen. No company will make them (and I mean to actually work rather than be like the rear ones - pretty and that's it) as the engine bay is too tight. You'd have to remove a large section of the bonnet/scuttle to make a front strut actually work.

I was thinking this before about the rear strut brace. Being as the twingo has trailing arms, all the loadings are on the arms and axle mounts... what possible benefit can there be mounting a brace to the top of the shockabsorber rubber bush top mount? It's not going to add any torsional rigidity to the rear end, where it is needed

Front braces were good and probably required when the struts were a foot or two infront of the bulkhead. the twingo is inches away, so inherently much stiffer

Hi guys!

Just a quick little update to my post about cornering problems - the problem was solved today, yay! My front right top mount got loosened up a bit (couple of mm), enough to move too freely when I was cornering fast, that's why my rim kept touching the tarmac and therefore my car was acting really weird and insecure. Well, they tightened the mount and it's a completely new car. I've been having this problem since the beginning (the dealer was telling me everything was fine), but now that I made a huge scene at the workshop, they decided to have a closer look and found the problem! So it took me 17.000 km to finally discover what the Cup suspension is – might sound silly, but it feels like I bought a new car, hehe!

Anyway from my point of view, buying those K-Tec Top Mounts isn't such a bad idea, that is if you have enough money to throw it around, otherwise just make sure that they check your mounts at every service and as often as possible. I’m not saying your car will get better, far from that, but those mounts could prevent something similar to what I had from happening to you. Might.

Hope this helps a bit!

Cheers!

orbital":2q0i1y1l said:
get ATS's ones ;) pretty orange but they dont mount them as hard as ktecs ones

I take it you mean the AST ones?
ast_mk2_main_2.jpg

they're a fantastic bit of kit and enable you to dial in a bit of camber or castor as it has an offset mounting point. If you don't want one in orange we can get them anodised in a few other colours but this costs slightly more and would be done to order..

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/renault...nault-twingo-mk2-ast-solid-top-mount-set.html

went fine on mine with a slight fiddle when they trail fitted it. but you use the ability to, on the fly adjust the drivers side mounting due to panel. yet to be tested out. and the orange looks stunning and glows nicely in the sun :)