K-tec upgrade

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSLee

Reaction score
I recently found out that K-Tec racing do an upgrade package for the mk2 twingo 133, taking it up to 163 bhp.

Has anyone bit the bullet and gone for it? at over £2k its something that i would need to save up for! haha

One the big car mags tested one with this pack and said it's good but not worth the £2k price tag! Plus they said it gets a flat spot between 3-5k :/ be better off seeing how much it'd be for a low boost turbo setup or swapping the 2.0l clio rs engine in

I'd take that 163 with a huge pinch of salt. Neil on here has an ITB'd twingo with a more aggressive cams and that only managed 162bhp. Whereas the K-Tec upgrade is a more mild cam and no ITB's or headporting.

A low boost conversion would be roughly the same price but I haven't seen one that been completed without someone blowing the engine or turbo up

Ktec upgrade includes manifold back system too as well as cams and re-map so that gonna free up some more hp too

I've been looking into this but the bang for buck seems very poor.

I'd personally only bother with the full exhaust system, panel filter & remap.
Should be around 140bhp then (Hopefully)

Yeah im kinda echoing those thoughts too.
It caught my eye, but its fair whack!

The exhaust system, panel filter and remap will probably be on my list instead, aswell as spacers and springs :D

BUT
im probably gonna sell it in a year or so, to get a more family orientated car, which will probably be a Meg 225 lol