K4M Cams ??

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rovico

Reaction score
hello,
Anyone know if there in the market for our 133 cams?

I've seen CatCams has a contract with K-Tec but I do not see K-tec sell anything.
You know if Kentcams or some other manufacturer has something for our Twingo?

If you do not look the Twingo R2

I knew cat cams were working on them like you said but haven't seen any produce of that yet.

I don't know enough about the r2 to know if it has any. Good luck in your search though!

To:[email protected]
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2012 9:53 AM
Subject: Twingo RS133 cams

Is there any news on the long awaited Cat Cams for the RS133?
What type of profiles are being developed?

Regards
Neil.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Neil,

I am afraid it will be a few months yet before we have the 133 cams available.
I am afraid we will not know what profiles will be produced until Cat Cams have a head to measure.

Regards

David Kirk
:(

come on... someone take apart an engine and send in the cylinderhead already!!!

I'd do it, but I'm too far away :p

i actualy pointed David towards the Twingo engine that is on ebay. I have already asked if they would split the engine, as i wanted the head but not the whole engine at £800

K-tec are not exclusive on CatCams for Renault any more as far as I am aware.. CatCams do have some in development so I will update as soon as I know more.. May be able to do someone a deal on buying them in exchange for before and after rolling road graphs..

I´m still waiting on your call for that, as I´ve got the rolling road and workshop ready to fit them :)

yotah1":10o9usgl said:
I´m still waiting on your call for that, as I´ve got the rolling road and workshop ready to fit them :)

As soon as I can get a set I'll let you know..

I'm a bit confused

I see on face book of KTR nice cam with remap (stage 1 cam) (but loose of power at low rev )

in this forum also someone have stage 2 cam (but cause more difficulty to set up apparently)

I'm interested in stage 1 cam if they work properly with the VVT ^^

yes , he get the "stage 2" cam if I understand? more chunky than the one shown by ktr on ther face book

on cat cam web site there is no info and on ktec website aswell

mazmaz":3twvjo7x said:
I'm a bit confused

I see on face book of KTR nice cam with remap (stage 1 cam) (but loose of power at low rev )
71881_501286889894082_577037158_n.jpg

Did they actualy loose power, or just not gain any and the dip moved up the rev range?

I'm interested in stage 1 cam if they work properly with the VVT ^^
Yes both profiles will work with the VVT

I'm a bit confused. If your doing a major engine upgrade with rods, pistons etc, why not use the stage 2 cams?

because strong cam profile imply saccrifice at low rev, more fuel consuption etc
so i prefer to stay on something gentle

I want to keep a car easy to drive
rod piston etc cost money but don't guive any unwated effect

yes so that it under 3200 rpm seem's there is a big drop of torque

It has the same blip but at a different point in the rev range, and still produced more power at that point that at standard iirc... Which is the point Neil made above.

Oh and I think well all agree if you want something that doesn't shout at the top end and have peaky performance, you would probably be better off in something else, or swapping the engine entirely for something more torquey.

Renault engineered the car to have peaky performance, not because its a better performer but because its more entertaining.