Kerbed my wheel and it sucks

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanPaul7

Reaction score
Well I was in a rush going to work this morning and when I pulled up outside, my front left wheel scraped for about a second causing some horrid looking damage.
2n9av5l.jpg

13zwbk4.jpg

It looks a lot worse in person and i'm not happy with myself for driving straight into a kerb... I'm guessing this will cost about £100 to repair which sucks as well.

Unlucky buddy.. I recon you could get just that repaired for much less than £100!
Full wheel refurb is normally around £50-60?

Damn that sucks, could just try touching them up yourself before hand, you'll see it but it won't be noticeable from a few metres away I'm scared about mine too, only just been redone

Damn that sucks, could just try touching them up yourself before hand, you'll see it but it won't be noticeable from a few metres away I'm scared about mine too, only just been redone

I guess I could have a go at touching them up myself but knowing my luck I will make it worse lol
The worst thing is; They have only been on for a week because I swapped my 15's for them to have tyres changed... and the 15's stick out like an inch further than the cup alloys, so I have no clue how I managed it

We've all been there with the 17" cup wheels :( mine are sat all cold and lonely in storage until next summer when I'll get them refurbed. Maybe just touch them up yourself till winters out the way

Just kerbed the front offside alloy and it deffo sucks! Whats the average price for a refurb? Its the anthracite 17" cup alloy.

rstaylor":2mgzsl7f said:
Just kerbed the front offside alloy and it deffo sucks! Whats the average price for a refurb? Its the anthracite 17" cup alloy.

Ouch! Looking at £40-£80 per wheel, depending where you go. I had my 182's refurbed for £45 a wheel.

RS133ETO":oz99jakg said:
rstaylor":oz99jakg said:

Ouch! Looking at £40-£80 per wheel, depending where you go. I had my 182's refurbed for £45 a wheel.

Cheers :)