Knocking from the boot lid?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha yeah I done that first, the boot locked and I had to call my mummy to save me, shame
All done now I think(yn)
Moved it perfectly so the boot lid couldn't move back or forth, hopefully no noises when driving!

Hmm, I keep hearing a knocking noise so might have to try this and see. Won't be locking myself in the boot though.

ButlerRS":16wmub3i said:
Friedchicken91":16wmub3i said:
Hmm, I keep hearing a knocking noise so might have to try this and see. Won't be locking myself in the boot though.

Easy mistake, you'll see ;)
not when I'll have the seats folded forwards and key on my lanyard around my neck

the seats were also down, but i didnt wanna start climbing over them. could of got out. but was easier to call mother as she was only through a door. saved me moving to! winning

ButlerRS":kira972p said:
the seats were also down, but i didnt wanna start climbing over them. could of got out. but was easier to call mother as she was only through a door. saved me moving to! winning

Good stuff Butler. :D
Hope it stops the rattle.

I had a drive round with my rear seat "up" today and it was a bit quieter, it didnt seem to have done the trick for me yesterday.
Boot seals nicely though.

JMR":2c8ojiev said:
ButlerRS":2c8ojiev said:

Good stuff Butler. :D
Hope it stops the rattle.

I had a drive round with my rear seat "up" today and it was a bit quieter, it didnt seem to have done the trick for me yesterday.
Boot seals nicely though.

Nah it didn't stop the rattle, I did find the problem in the end, it was the seat where it anchors, in it had a bit of play
So I folded up a spare car mat and jammed It under the anchor point, can't see it under my boot lining and no rattles what so ever, happy chappy right now!

ButlerRS":cwk8je2h said:
Nah it didn't stop the rattle, I did find the problem in the end, it was the seat where it anchors, in it had a bit of play
So I folded up a spare car mat and jammed It under the anchor point, can't see it under my boot lining and no rattles what so ever, happy chappy right now!

Sweet. :)
I was tweaking the carpets in mine yesterday, will be having a good old spin in about an hour. :cool:

Fingers crossed it as quiet as I hope.
This is the problem when you come from a Honda - I had my Civic Type R for 4 years and I honestly never had a rattle.
Build quality was ridiculously good. Thirsty though when you hit 8k rpm everyday. :lol:

My Gordini suffered from the dreaded rattle when it had only 50 miles on the clock and was really peeing me off but after putting some carpet under where the rear seats lock into the floor it's now nice and quiet and I can now turn the radio down :D

JMR":15fvbd11 said:
ButlerRS":15fvbd11 said:

Sweet. :)
I was tweaking the carpets in mine yesterday, will be having a good old spin in about an hour. :cool:

Fingers crossed it as quiet as I hope.
This is the problem when you come from a Honda - I had my Civic Type R for 4 years and I honestly never had a rattle.
Build quality was ridiculously good. Thirsty though when you hit 8k rpm everyday. :lol:

ohh yeah, its sweet as right now. no noises!

hmmm love the civic, being only 19 though. i can't afford insurance on things like that!

ButlerRS":ewl1gmu9 said:
hmmm love the civic, being only 19 though. i can't afford insurance on things like that!

£350 a year fully comp protected no claims for me. ;)

JMR":1ovkdm8h said:
ButlerRS":1ovkdm8h said:

oh haha, get out haha!

the twingo is a £1000 fully comp. better than my polo gti which was £2200 haha. what a joke!

ButlerRS":2g8oghqf said:
JMR":2g8oghqf said:
ButlerRS":2g8oghqf said:

oh haha, get out haha!

the twingo is a £1000 fully comp. better than my polo gti which was £2200 haha. what a joke!

£290 for the Gordini.
:D

One of the few Benefits of getting older. ;)

Well I went out this morning for a spin to the in-laws.
Little lad was in the back seat and when I heard the rattle I asked him to see if he could find our where its coming from.

He's only 10, but I thought it would keep him occupied for a few minutes.
He says, its not my seat dad.
Its not the seat behind you dad.
Is it the rear quarter trims where the speaker are.
Not them dad, its coming right from the back.
To his credit he's climbing around, holding the parcel shelf to eliminate that, touching the back screen and clips etc.
He says, dad it coming right from the back of the car, under the parcel shelf.

So later on I had an hour to myself, made sure boot striker adjusted correctly again, then took the spare wheel tool kit out.
Went for a spin, quiet as a mouse.

Magic.

One happy owner at last not being annoyed by THAT rattle.
Just need to wrap the bits in foam and fit them back inside the spare and make sure it doesnt do it tomorrow.
If not, they will be wrapped in a tool kit bag and secured under my luggage net.