Knocking noise

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webber

Reaction score
Good morning everyone!

Over the course of the last 3 weeks I've noticed a knocking noise.
The noise seems to be coming from the nearside rear.
Is there anything I can look at before I take to Renault and have them look at it.

Many thanks

Webber

Notable causes for rear end rattles are the tail gate, which is fairly easy to check and adjust. Parcel shelf, which can be removed to narrow down the cause and also the sliding rear seats . The seat belt clips can also rattle against the trim panels, so plugging them into the seats stops them floating about.

Other than that, give the exhaust a wiggle about and see if it knocks or has dropped at all.

If it's none of the above get Renault to have a look as Daz mentions

i had a knocking noise from my Rs on the front could it be a mounting on the rear suspension?
but like daz said get it to renault and make the earn their money

Cheers everyone,

I've read most posts regarding the front suspension but little is mentioned about the rear.
Guess I'll book it in and let Renault have a look.

Thanks

Webber

I forgot to mention the spare wheel/tool kit being secured and nothing loose in the spare wheel well.

The rear suspension is a much simpler beam design than the front McPherson strut as it only travels verticaly and threfore, less prone to problems unlike the front which steers and provides drive as well.

It will be intersting to see what the cause is, so please post it up when your cured

Hi there, did you manage to sort the issue or identify a fault?

I've been in work constantly since I posted this thread, so I've yet to get the car to the garage.
I'm starting to think It maybe something to do with the exhaust, shields or something similar as I've noticed the noise as I'm turning the engine off and the engine wobbles as it stops.

Monday I'll either have a look or take it Renault.

Webber

I know it's been a while but I thought I'd update. Finally took the car to Renault who had a technician take my car for a drive. Turns out there's a cap on top of the front suspension. Water had go in along with dirt and inturn, corroded and damaged the suspension.

New parts have been ordered under warranty and should be sorted soon.

The knocking noise was the front but sounded as If it were the back.

Webber