knocking sound when turning or going over bumps

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjy133

Reaction score
I have quite a bad nocking sound and im jut trying to find out what it could be because its doing my head in

Lower ball joints would be a favourite starting point. There a long thread with mannnnny people who have had the issue

Broken rubber top mounts.

That one goes through the whole range of twingo's :/

Ive checked them over today and the rubber has callapsed on the lower ball joint do you think this is the problem? And if so how much am I looking to get it repaired?

Given that it's such a common problem, I'd go to your local Renualt dealer and "thump the table" - tell them you KNOW it's something that happens a lot, and that you want them to fix it for free. If they argue, point them to the thread on here, and say you'll talk to the local council's trading standards department.

They might not play ball, but you might get a few quid knocked off the bill.

If it's in warranty you'll be covered. If it's not give renault uk (RUK) a phonecall and tell them the problem and they'll tell you to get it booked in. They should offer to cover the costs or contribute if you give them a a restrained telling off regarding age of the car etc.

gavin-h":1zrhte2a said:
Given that it's such a common problem, I'd go to your local Renualt dealer and "thump the table" - tell them you KNOW it's something that happens a lot, and that you want them to fix it for free. If they argue, point them to the thread on here, and say you'll talk to the local council's trading standards department.

They might not play ball, but you might get a few quid knocked off the bill.

Not as simple as that, when I rang RUK they said they have never heard of balljoints failing on 133s.. My car was under warranty anyway.

Also they won't accept our list on this forum we all need to post separately its am issue on their renault forum for them to admit its a common problem.

Its a problem ive had since I got the car about a month ago. They have oready changed the passenger side arm so ill just take it back in and tell them the other side needs sorting lol thanks for the help

It's odd the range of responses that have been had from RUK. Some have said yep-common issue, others still try and deny. When mine got replaced the dealer was hounding RUK that it's a common issue as they'd seen a few of them.