Ktec Cat Back Fitting Advice

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roberts

Reaction score
I managed to get a Ktec Cat Back exhaust second hand on ebay for £40, bargain. However I have a few questions on fitting it, if someone could be kind enough to help?

I need a new down pipe/ manifold gasket. I have been to renault today and ordered a gasket although it was not what I thought it would be. It was an internal gasket, looked like an olive that connects the 2 together. Is this correct?

Secondly I think I am missing something as I can not see a way in which the down pipe connects to the main mid pipe. Pictured.

imagejpg1_zps104e2ace.jpg

So simple! Thanks for the help. I will try and find somewhere that has them, hoping to get it on this weekend.

category366_thumb_full.jpg

Thats more like the gasket for manifold (cat) onto the downpipe.

If you have a look under your car, you should have a ball type joint with a v-band clamp on the original exhaust. I managed to reuse mine but it wasn't very old at the time.

Where can I get that gasket from? Renaults parts directory did not list it for some reason. Which clamp are you referring to, is it the one oscar mentioned?

no, neils referring to the gasket you were looking for .. where as i mentioned the clamp which neil also referred to but just with a different name :)

with the link before, this is a pretty universal size and take my word on it exhaust systems do not break the trend here. with your current exhaust, measure the id bore (bolt hole to bolt hole) on your exhaust flange. is it 8cm or 80 mm? if so, this is the flange you need. if not, email the ebay trader with your id bore size and they'll sort you out with the correct size. i usually make my own gaskets, bit of sheet metal and a plasa cutter, 20 seconds and you're good to go lol

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exhaust-Gasket-2-Bolt-Hole-Gaskets-2-51mm-/280699608366?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415b001d2e

Well Jake, you were firstly asking about a gasket, which should resemble the one i posted the picture for the manifold/downpipe flanged joint. If you take the exhaust into a tyre and exhaust place, they should have one to suit tbe fange shape.

Secondly, the ball type joint you were wondering about is carried over from the original design, where the downpipe meets the center section below the gear lever. The exhaust place should also have new clamps to suit this bit

Thanks again. I'll just go into my local exhaust place and get the bits I need.