Ktec down pipe question ?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cup RS 133

Reaction score
Hiya

I've had the ktec down pipe system for awhile now basically the centre section to back box, now I'm wanting to put on the front pipe shortly for abit more noise and hopefully cure a slight leak at the connection to the manifold.

Now I've been soaking the studs and bolts with pb blaster for a few weeks now to help with the dismantling, what I really need to know is are the studs actually screwd in to the down pipe section as in will it just pop right off one the nuts are off.

Reason I ask is I've a good chance of getting the nuts off but highly unlikely to get the studs out if there screwd in both pieces I'm doing this in my garage and I don't have a oxy/acetone torch to lend me an hand.

So to anybody who's replaced the exaust from the manifold back do you know if it'll come off once the nuts are off don't want to be left with out a car needing the studs drilled out hope this makes sense to somebody.