ktec exhaust half fitted err...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toop182

Reaction score
hey ive fitted my new ktec exhaust, but we couldnt get the down pipe fitted because the two stupid 8mm bolts that are threaded into the cat wont budge! so currently running the quiet system, which sounds ok just a bit too quiet for me, anyways i just wondered if anyone else had this problem and is heating the bolt going to get it off because the last thing i want is to snap it??

Rust loves Renaults haha :lol:

Can you not get two ratchets on the bolt(s), or is it not a 'nut and bolt' combo? All you need is enough ummph to break the rust seal, even a 'slight tap' of a rubber mallet/hammer might be enough. Or, use a breaker bar, if there's the room to use one?!

Can you not tighten it up a bit, again to break the rust seal?

All the above, use a heap load of WD40 and let it soak in for a good couple of hours :)

Bytway, heat works a treat on rust but I'd only use it a last resort measure, dunno what it'll do to the bolts, threads!? Man up, and scoff a can of spinach :p :lol:

was about to say heat, if you've got a heat gun give it a good 10min blast on their, if not you might need the old blow torch out :(
my cat as about to be rust central and thts a good shout, anyone at 25k mark take some time to dive under the car and remove the tray and have a good look

Give the bolts a good soaking for a few days keep soaking them. If the bolts are easy to get at give the car a drive get it up to temp. You stand more of a chance then. Just watch you don't burn your hands.