KW Coilovers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Variant 2 or Variant 3

• Variant 2 (Damping Adjustable)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Variant 3 (Damping and Rebound Adjustable)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I don't care about adjustability, I just want a better ride height

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Who Cares about Coilovers, the RS Cup Suspension is better than Sliced Bread!

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Meh, I just cut my springs anyway...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

madmatt

Reaction score
Hi All,

As many (maybe not....few) of you may know, KW make some of the best suspension in the world for European Cars.

However, at the moment, they only do Variant 1 kits for the Twingo RS.
These are non damping or rebound adjustable so are fixed with what you're given.
This is the same with the AP and Weitec kits who are both subcontracted from KW.

I've contacted the Sales Equiry team at KW and have asked them if they were intrested in developing a Variant 2 (Damping Adjustable) or even Variant 3 (Damping and Rebound Adjustable) kit for the Twingo 133.

Below is their Response:

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your enquiry.
I have sent your request to the tech team at the factory.
If we have enough demand for kits then of course we will go ahead and produce them.
Please check our website for the latest product releases.

Regards
Alan Hook
Office Manager KW Automotive UK Ltd

So, looking at the pricing for Variant 2 or 3 kits...who would be intrested?

V2 if anything... personally I wouldn't want FULL adjustment so would rather save the money and just have dampening adjustment.

Ive never had coilovers so cant comment on what they are like. Ive heard people say they are to stiff and so on.

Ive only had uprated shocks and springs on my cars and they seem to work spot on so had no reason for coilovers.

The way the standard shocks are on the 133 is spot on if you just want a lower ride just get some springs and save some dollar. Thats what ive done and cant fault it. If i didnt want it lowered i would have left the OEM springs on the car but think the ride eight is that little to much.

Bit of progress since I last emailed them (about 2 years ago). I'd be interested but as per usual people forget the massive price difference between V1 basics and V3's. Sometimes several k difference.

I'd like a pair of V3's as the adjustability of how I use the car would be perfect, but realistically for the little time I'd use it I can't justify the cost.

How much are the V1'at the moment? £750?

Twingogeekeo":2ngk7gtx said:
Ive never had coilovers so cant comment on what they are like. Ive heard people say they are to stiff and so on.

Ive only had uprated shocks and springs on my cars and they seem to work spot on so had no reason for coilovers.

The way the standard shocks are on the 133 is spot on if you just want a lower ride just get some springs and save some dollar. Thats what ive done and cant fault it. If i didnt want it lowered i would have left the OEM springs on the car but think the ride eight is that little to much.
The whole point of adjustable coilovers is that you can adjust them mate ;)

Cheap coilovers tend to be harsh and ruin handling and general quality but the more expensive, adjustable sets (providing they're setup correctly) could outperform the standard.

The V1's don't even look like proper coilovers; I presume the rear shock and springs are separate?

I don't think that's the actual product Al, it will be dependant on application.

If the OE is an Individual Damper and Spring base, then that's what the KW kit will be.

The other thing is, the V1s are Galvanised Steel and not stainless, if you were worried about using it on road with all the salt and grime.

madmatt":16er69um said:
I don't think that's the actual product Al, it will be dependant on application.

If the OE is an Individual Damper and Spring base, then that's what the KW kit will be.

The other thing is, the V1s are Galvanised Steel and not stainless, if you were worried about using it on road with all the salt and grime.

Hmm. The OEM is separate but proper coilovers are one unit. You may as well get aftermarket springs and dampers (which would probably be cheaper).

The Galvanised steel would bother me to some degree but the car is 90% steel along the chassis anyway.

madmatt":3eqx1cfz said:

the Basic V1's are galvanised, but the Inox V1's are Stainless Steel. The kit for the RS is only available in the basic version at the moment but the non RS models they supply both

Dont have a very good opinion of KW customer service , my mate had a set for car after 1 months of use they went all crashy and bangy . Wrnt back to Kw explaining this and they blamed the way they were getting used... He drives 20miles to work and back . Worst coilovers ive seen by a long shot.