Kwik fit experiences

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jjay

Reaction score
Hey all, anyone else had some really strange kwik fit experiences? I just find them extortionate for one and two couldn't be more wrong about things if they tried! Whether or not it's just my local one...
For example...

Having had to go in there as closest place open on a Sunday last weekend needing balancing checked as it was pissing me right off, I get told that my brakes are dangerously low and need to be replaced within next week or they could fail... Well when he got told that they were brand new two weeks ago and him persisting to tell me they were dangerously low... So I just agreed that he was completely right about 3week old brakes needing to be replaced... (Discs and pads btw).

Has anyone else had something like this? It's crazy? Where the hell do they bloody train to get Crap like that?

Having had to go in there as closest place open on a Sunday last weekend needing balancing checked as it was pissing me right off,

why would you go to an express on a Sunday unless you really HAD too. It's a Sunday is it really that important if the car works as your bound to pay a premium.

I get told that my brakes are dangerously low and need to be replaced within next week or they could fail... Well when he got told that they were brand new two weeks ago and him persisting to tell me they were dangerously low...

...so you didn't walk away it's your choice and you knew they where 3 weeks old! Stupid in my opinion.

So I just agreed that he was completely right about 3week old brakes needing to be replaced... (Discs and pads btw)

Totally stupid if you ask me... Why pay out if you know they aren't old. Your own fault for not walking away. You only asked for the balancing!

Has anyone else had something like this? It's crazy? Where the hell do they bloody train to get Crap like that?

Still back to my previous points... It's your say so and you could have walked at any point but you didn't as your car annoyed you! That I think is crazy.

Sorry if this seems harsh but it's my opinion

James he agreed, he didn't get them replaced though. I do that At Renault when they tell me stupid stuff I know isn't true, I will merely agree in the end to shut them up.

Like hell am I gonna get them changed after two weeks? Hahaha! Maybe that didnt come across totally right, I agreed with what he was saying and walked away... Didnt have any work done bad the balancing. But hey, if you feel the need to slate, do go ahead....

Jjay":2ckerrbo said:
Having had to go in there as closest place open on a Sunday last weekend needing balancing checked as it was pissing me right off, I get told that my brakes are dangerously low and need to be replaced within next week or they could fail... Well when he got told that they were brand new two weeks ago and him persisting to tell me they were dangerously low... So I just agreed that he was completely right about 3week old brakes needing to be replaced... (Discs and pads btw).
It's their job to try and sell you stuff you don't need.

If you EVER go to any garage for any job and they reel off a lisrt of other jobs that need doing, simply say "thank you for letting me know".

Don't get involved in an argument or discussion with them, it's just a waste of your time. Just waslk away or, to be more accurate, drive away ;)

Or as Mrs-H would say "think of your blood-pressure, dear" :lol:

The people at quick fit and other fast fit places get paid commission on what they can sell to the customers to tend to try it on.

Had a classic case come into my place after going to quick fit... they told the customer their front shocks were leaking he took the car and came to us to get a second opinion, turns out they had sprayed the shocks in wd40 to make it look like they were leaking and to add insult to injury they were marked as gas filled shocks not hydraulic!

They're paid commission? Serious? How can you be a mechanic and be driven by sales? Not right... If you genuinely love working with cars then why would you wanna be driven by money and sales?

When I first fitted the lowering springs I had the geometry checked there. Again on a sunday morning.

Theres a price for the checking and then an additional cost for each adjustment... and they all needed adjusting which they could do front and rear camber and rear toe included. Needless to say I pointed out the lack of adjustment options on the suspension unless they were going to move the subframe and shim the rear hubs... just had them reset the front toe angles :)
Which then left the steering wheel off center :(

Jjay":5uhnjrsy said:
They're paid commission? Serious? How can you be a mechanic and be driven by sales? Not right... If you genuinely love working with cars then why would you wanna be driven by money and sales?
Yep only at kwik fit and fast fit places not ordinary workshops. They also get set sales targets to achieve and get bonus if they hit and go above them. Many people work there purely for the money they can earn but it's not right.

Only reason I know is that one of the guys that works here used to work at kwik fit and stayed there for 2 months before quitting because he didn't agree with their work ethics.

I'd never work for them ever. They're just out to rob people!!