Lack of spare wheel

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RS133ETO

Reaction score
I bought my car last Saturday which didn't come with a spare wheel or a jack, except it had those cans (which is apparently like a spare wheel according to the t*** who sold me the car)

Problem I've got now is that I have half a boot, as the carpet just falls into the well where the spare tyre would be. Where can I get one from? Also, what else is supplied? Jack etc...

Thanks

will have a look when get home if someone doesnt do before me for what else comes

spare wheel cheapest place would be scrap yard i guess and could get tool tub as well that goes in the centre, renault will sell but wont be cheap

maggi112":zkqewdsf said:
Mines a full size steel. It's not an alloy, and isn't a space saver.

It's also a horrid 70s shade of red/brown
I've had the honors of driving around with it already (about a year ago)

But GAWD that color is horrid :?

Thanks for responses. Also, is there supposed to be a board underneath the underlay? The garage fitted a wooden board for me so that I can still use the boot, but it turned out to be weaker than cardboard!

In my twingo the boot carpet just rested on the spare wheel - Had that from nearly enw so Im guessing that how they all are.
You can get a spare wheel and spare wheel insert tool box (round and fits inside the up turned spare wheel) as mentioned from a scrap yard - The whole assembly is similar to that of any clio from about R reg onwards.

maggi112":2jtcj2fp said:
Mines a full size steel. It's not an alloy, and isn't a space saver.

It's also a horrid 70s shade of red/brown

Best go and have a better look at mine then I thought it was a space saver didn't really play much attention to it as only ever looked at it once

The spare wheel was an optional extra (~£50)

6.5x15 ET43 steel rim is the spare wheel size with 185/55/15 Continental Sport Contact 2 . So, a propper tyre of simillar size to the alloys. Simillar but not exactly the same, hence the speed rating being lowered to prevent muppets crashing from having different handling

From memory. the foam tool holder should have a jack, wheel brace with 17mm hex, 4 wheel bolts without the floating seats, tow hook.

singlespeed":888027o1 said:
The spare wheel was an optional extra (~£50)

6.5x15 ET43 steel rim is the spare wheel size with 185/55/15 Continental Sport Contact 2 . So, a propper tyre of simillar size to the alloys. Simillar but not exactly the same, hence the speed rating being lowered to prevent muppets crashing from having different handling

From memory. the foam tool holder should have a jack, wheel brace with 17mm hex, 4 wheel bolts without the floating seats, tow hook.

Cheers mate, and is this something I can get from Renault? I want genuine parts rather than scrappy job off Clio etc.

I took a trip to Renault, and it turns out that my car never came with a spare wheel, but an inflation kit. However, I do still need 2 parts to fill the well and be able to use the boot. There's a plastic shell that fits into the well that holds the jack, inflation kit etc and then another plastic cover to fit over it.

The part numbers are here if people need them for future reference:

8200946081 £54
8200933931 £14.51