LED Footwell Lighting Complete,How to pics uploaded!!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDon

Reaction score
Hey guys/girls,I just wanted to know where would be the best place to power LED footwell lighting, Ive tried the Cigar lighter but did not work and i ended up blowing the fuse.Please let me know where the best place is to power them.Oh and how do u remove the whole plastic piece on the driver side (UK) under the steering wheel where the traction control button is.
THANKS!!!!

i put it to the cigerette lighter and it worked great, but i managed to smash my lights because the fell and i hit clutch and all i heard was a smash of a light :/

edit: i know someone who wired it to their interior light above their head

My cousin wired LEDs like drls on the front from the bettery with a control panel inside. Could you not do something like this but leave them on the inside?

thanks for the comments : ),I reacon i will try from the cigar lighter again.Im not sure which wires are positive and negative,theres a yellow,black and blue wire,please help if possible.I have a switch which i want to put in by the head light adjuster and interior brightness ajuster,there is a spare slot there but i cant get that plastic panel off.
THANKS!!!

Courtney":384wniry said:
My cousin wired LEDs like drls on the front from the bettery with a control panel inside. Could you not do something like this but leave them on the inside?

Thanks for the idea,i reacin its possible but i would rather run it on the inside,if i had LEDs on the outside i would run it from the battery.

cheers guys thanks for the help and advise,i will give it a try today :).

sorry to bump this up again, but have you been able to work it out?
I'm fairly interested in the result :)

I'm glad you mentioned it, I was thinking about them the other day and wondered about putting some in, and running them from the courtesy light..

Dutchie":b896o6vc said:
Yea I have got them working,I will up load pics ASAP.
Thanks...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

TheDon":1czp2rx1 said:
Dutchie":1czp2rx1 said:
Thanks...

Where did you run them from in the end? Saw talk of the cigar lighter..?

Courtney":2rcyiygt said:
TheDon":2rcyiygt said:
Dutchie":2rcyiygt said:
Thanks...

Where did you run them from in the end? Saw talk of the cigar lighter..?
I first ran them from the cigar lighter but they are all ways on then,They to bright to have them running constantly .I wired them in to the interior boot light so when i open my door they turn on and fade out with the interior lights,it looks awesome.I was going to put orange ones in but i had these LEDs lying around at work,The from an ATM machine:lol: .They match my white led courtesy lights any ways :D.

My LED Footwell Lights :D
IMAG0197Copy.jpg

IMAG0196Copy.jpg

Oh wow they look good ;-) nice and bright! Any chance if. A semi how to for a novice like me ;-)

But you can switch the interior light o anytime you want, so there's always power on them? How come the footwell light doesn't light up all the time? :oops:

Courtney":2yjpehos said:
Oh wow they look good ;-) nice and bright! Any chance if. A semi how to for a novice like me ;-)

Dutchie":2izsse1p said:
But you can switch the interior light o anytime you want, so there's always power on them? How come the footwell light doesn't light up all the time? :oops:

I dont know hey,it works perfectly :lol: I ran them from the interior light in the boot ,I dont think the boot one has power running to it constantly,If it did the boot light would be on constantly .

Oh yeah good idea.. The light in the boot comes on when he doors are open.. Meaning it wont come on when the light is turned on in the front. Good thinking ;-)

haha, alright, that was the only interiorlight I could think of, that you could use for a fading result, glad you made it work! :cool:

just another question, how did you lead the wire to the front?

Thx!