Left Indicator

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam

Reaction score
Ok, rarely happens but has started happening a few times recently.

When I signal left (pushing the left steering-wheel stalk in a downwards direction), usually the indicator comes on with the clicking/tick-tock sound.

However sometimes, recently, I push the stalk down and the indicator doesn't appear to come on (or if it does I can't see it) and no tick-tock sound can be heard.

Just wondering if there's a dodgy circuit somewhere or where I should look, without having to take my car apart too much if I can help it. Anyone got any ideas?

not having much luck with your car!

It is the same system as older clios - if your car is under warranty leave it to renault as they will probably just swap the stalk like when my horn button broke.

If its not under warranty you need to pop off the steering collum cowling (3 screws underneath and some plastic clips) the entire stalk assembly can be un plugged and slid off (upwards on a clio) - might be worth swapping the stalk over yourself for one from a scrapped clio to see if its the stalk or your car thats at fault. all this if your car isnt under warranty of course :)

tommy89":31owz36w said:
not having much luck with your car!

It is the same system as older clios - if your car is under warranty leave it to renault as they will probably just swap the stalk like when my horn button broke.

If its not under warranty you need to pop off the steering collum cowling (3 screws underneath and some plastic clips) the entire stalk assembly can be un plugged and slid off (upwards on a clio) - might be worth swapping the stalk over yourself for one from a scrapped clio to see if its the stalk or your car thats at fault. all this if your car isnt under warranty of course :)

Car was registered in March 2010 and has a 3 year warranty so may well take it into Renault if the problem persists/worsens. Failing that I may wait until its next service (before the 3 years is up!) and mention it to them.

Good idea - I took mine in with a bit of a shopping list on its last service! all checked over and fixed where necessary for free :D My favourite price!

tommy89":3j35t2d1 said:
Good idea - I took mine in with a bit of a shopping list on its last service! all checked over and fixed where necessary for free :D My favourite price!
Always love a freebie. See what else I can get them to change. Next service isn't due til 36,000 (I'm currently on 25,000) or in 2 years, whichever comes first. But I'll have to book it in for one prior to its first MOT next year though to avoid any risk of it failing. :eek:

25!! mines just hit 40k - mine is like a future version of yours then I suppose - watch out for the leci window motors, mine had slowed right down - one needed replacing as it was all crunchy :D

tommy89":15p3h8xa said:
25!! mines just hit 40k - mine is like a future version of yours then I suppose - watch out for the leci window motors, mine had slowed right down - one needed replacing as it was all crunchy :D
how old is yours? :p Yeah those miles are all mine, I've done 25k in 2 years. Its been everywhere!

Oh dear I will keep an eye out for that. Wish the windows were one-touch :(

have you done the mini mod to light up the window switches? it looks quite fancy!

mine is a 59 - picked it up on 14k a year and a half ago. so mines got 26k with me ish - Really starting to think it needs something to improve the comfort slightly!

tommy89":k2t4trku said:
have you done the mini mod to light up the window switches? it looks quite fancy!

mine is a 59 - picked it up on 14k a year and a half ago. so mines got 26k with me ish - Really starting to think it needs something to improve the comfort slightly!
Not tried that?! is it easy to do?

I was thinking Gordini seats in mine but I don't find the comfort incredibly bad. :) Its just so much fun to drive (alright not as fun as a 133 but still!) that you don't notice the comfort.

It is :) there is a thread on here I think - you take out the window switches, and solder two connectors together (no idea why they arent linked at the factory - but thats all you have to do ) its a very dim glow, but it looks quite good in the pitch black.

I only notice the comfort as I damaged my back and knee playing rugby for the school a few years ago (6 years actually! oh dear Im getting old) I agree its still very fun to drive these models - plenty of work to be done to get the power out of it :)

mine might be going simply due to the knee pain getting worse and worse sinse ive had this car - found a cheap mk4 mondeo that will help my various aches haha.