Light Replacement

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaked93

Reaction score
Hi guys. Can any of you tell me what bulbs you've changed and what to and where to get them. i.e LED rear lights and HID Kits etc. Links would be much appreciated as well thanks. :)

there are a few, although not many members on here who have installed HID's. i breifly had them, but they looked crap and didn't increase my vision at all.

osram night breaker plus, which i currently have installed are absolutely fantastic. on dipped beam you see a whiter light, not drastically but it makes the dipped beam a stress free enviroment. when you go to full beam, the entire road really does light up and the beam travels a very very long way. i was actually quite surprised, it did take me a while to give them a try but i'll never go back. seems to be the same for a large amount of members on here too

recently there are upgrades to the osram nb+, nightbreaker unlimited. slightly improved beam which is always good. i'll deffinately be getting them once my osrams pack up but i hear they're very reliable lol

Osram nightbreaker plus, saves all the hastle of HIDs really cheap from ebay.

How long actualy last this Osram nightbrakers ..
As I read on net ..they give much more light (what is very good) but because of its "tuning" in more power by same watt is not very long lasting ...

Anyone who has that already a long time? ..
I want to buy but the price is a bit high ...
Thinkig for HOD H4 also .. a bit cheaper and no mods needed ..

Oizo_133":3jsde1md said:
How long actualy last this Osram nightbrakers ..
As I read on net ..they give much more light (what is very good) but because of its "tuning" in more power by same watt is not very long lasting ...

Anyone who has that already a long time? ..
I want to buy but the price is a bit high ...
Thinkig for HOD H4 also .. a bit cheaper and no mods needed ..

Mine are fine 1 year on still

Mine lasted for a year, approx 3500miles of which most is daytime driving. Go figure....

And i used latex gloves when installing them.

Going with the philips ones this time to see if they last

I was reading positive coments on few forums about strong light and long life for MTEC bulbs .. and cheaper than Nightbrakers

markhardy":2i7pd4ex said:
Mine lasted for a year, approx 3500miles of which most is daytime driving. Go figure....

And i used latex gloves when installing them.

Going with the philips ones this time to see if they last

Mine have lasted 4000 miles (3 months) mainly nighttime driving lol

Still going, for £10 you can't argue

LC .. Nightbreakers here are 25€ and more .. Recently i saw in shop 2pcs for 42€ ..they are insane

Oizo_133":3o04h2tx said:
LC .. Nightbreakers here are 25€ and more .. Recently i saw in shop 2pcs for 42€ ..they are insane

Try eBay just make sure you're buying the plus version from a good seller, I brought mine for £8.75 I believe

I've got some 90w dipped 130w mainbeam lights and just wound the headlight up a little bit, works great, don't even need to use main beam

Oizo_133":27pa5hau said:
Or Unlimited :D

LC .. Can you look if you still have that ebay seller for nightbrakers?

you are looking for H4 osram night breaker plus / unlimited. the nb+ are perfect, unlimiteds are only just slightly more brighter you may not notice the difference. its upto you if you want to justify the slight extra, nothing wrong with that.

ebay '' 64193NBU-HCB '' for the twingo's osram SUK # and you'll find the correct bulbs for your car.

Today I put in Nightbreaker + lamps, here is a short comparison:

nbkr01.jpg

nbkrlb.gif

nbkrhb.gif

nbkrrt1.gif

nbkrrt2.gif

nbkrrt3.gif

nbkrrt4.gif

it's a rainy and foggy night but it's noticable the Nightbreakers a quite brighter.

and a closeup of the old bulb:

20140205-dsc5373.jpg

Local dealer will only sell unlimited now and only had 2 h4 pairs left. So he sold be both for the price of one.

And for fair price I don't care about few % of improvement.

What are peoples views on H4 HID Conversions? I've been looking at them and the main beam compared to the dipped beam confuses me? technically H4 bulbs are 2 Bulbs in 1 right? Is there a HID kit that has Xenon burners for hi/low beams of is it just dipped beams that the HID works for and the full beam is standard?

Confused much?!

Cheers guys

For each side you have one Buld (has both Hi/low beam the same bulb) and one Ballast (for each side).
So you buy one kit H4 Hi/low and you have everything working on HID :)