Lights problem

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sullii94

Reaction score
So I was driving to training tonight, tried to flash my lights at somebody, but instead, all my dash lights went out, and there was a loud beep, like the one you get when you turn automatic lights off/on
But then it drove fine
Tried it again, and the same happened again
Side lights are okay, but when I put dipped beam on the dash and radio lights flash off but then come back on again,

Any ideas what's wrong? :/

So it did the same on the way home, beeped when on full beam, then it stalled literally as I got on my drive
Started it back up again, and now it's fine, I'm confused!

sounds like somehow / somewhere a bad earth or an short circuit has developed. best thing to do will be to check through the fuses to the switches for your lights and test them, including testing your actual headlights themselves including all the wiring to and from the switches. can be quite a pain in the backside doing this sort of stuff, but it's really the only way to track down the route cause.

you'll need a multimeter that's all :) it won't be anything major really. i just don't want to say check this or that, because i don't like suggesting problems without the car infront of me because it could be 20 different things!

You changed your headlight bulbs recently? If so, check the plugs and wires on the back of them.

Otherwise, as Oscar said, it coud be one of many faults which would be a complete guess it trying to diagnose from a distance.

oscar":i00ix69m said:
sounds like somehow / somewhere a bad earth or an short circuit has developed. best thing to do will be to check through the fuses to the switches for your lights and test them, including testing your actual headlights themselves including all the wiring to and from the switches. can be quite a pain in the backside doing this sort of stuff, but it's really the only way to track down the route cause.

you'll need a multimeter that's all :) it won't be anything major really. i just don't want to say check this or that, because i don't like suggesting problems without the car infront of me because it could be 20 different things!

Well tried the car again, and it's completely fine :? I hate electrics! Ha!
Any ideas on where the earths would be? And do you have a link showing which fuses are which?
Won't I need strip the wires? As they'll all be covered?
If it happens again I'll be having a look this weekend

no, you just probe the connectors mate no need to strip wire back. the earth will unfortunately be in the ecu. but if it's working fine now then it would appear that maybe your awesome renault just had a little bit of an epileptic stroke. even us humans have strange moments from time to time ;)

Yeah I changed them a few weeks ago Neil, been fine up until now, had a look and everything seems to be okay with them
And that's what I'm hoping oscar! It does do some strange things from time to time :?