Lowering a RS

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Im in to minds and think i need some help guys.

Lowering my RS is it worth doing i have a cup pack so handles like a dream would lowering springs mess up the handling?

Id only say lower if you were to get coilovers and get them properly set up otherwise no because the car is set up perfect on the standard cup springs .

That my opinion anyway mate

Ollie133cup":aq93e2mc said:
If only say lower if you were to get coilovers and get them properly set up otherwise no because the car is set up perfect on the standard cup springs .

That my opinion anyway mate

completely agree.
unless ur gonna get coilovers, car valved struts and get the whole car balanced then id leave it.
just whacking some lowered springs on it will ruin it and make things like speed bumps a pain!

As they said. The car is fantastic with the cup chassis. Playing with it will likely just mess it up.

Goes without saying really and the above back that up.

The cup chassis and suspension setup is perfect and designed for track use so lowering it more will put that out the window.

Having said that though, you might just want it for looks (and it could do with lowering to look even better) and in that case springs will do the job!

In all honestly, unless you were to track it, its probably not that noticeable.

Anyway, my opinion mate! :)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lower it with coils, but you gotta sort that arch gap out, arch gap is a sin!

Mork":1l9x7nen said:
As they said. The car is fantastic with the cup chassis. Playing with it will likely just mess it up.

Yeah, Renault spend millions of Euros balancing it and setting up that chassis perfectly, so I'd be tempted to leave well alone...

...just my 2 Penn'orth (or 2 Euro's worth...) :idea:

Coilovers will improve the handling, do you think the R1 and R2 use standard cup springs and shocks, obviously cheapo coilies are a no no

mmm the quote i got from renault france and ktec, the coilies are to harsh to be used for normal driving and very very expensive. as in harsh these settings can almost be solid with no bounce due to mout of the car joints being stronger then stock/poly bushes and super soft and again the chassis can take the bouncing. r2 rears are coily all in one units so seperate springs like the GT and RS arent used.
the hars aprt with lowering, camber and shocks i've found is not installing them but having them set up right with weight cornering and such. starts to get expensive

I did this on Forza motorsport for xbox and it looked lush!
not sure about how it will effect the drive thought!
but looks damn nice :)

James

if theres a meet in Feb, i'll bring the car done where ever it is with the handling mods and can have a go first hand, game will give you the sense but sooo much better to drive. i know theres been things about renault sports spending masses amounts why should you mess it up.
i believe it can be improved but you just cant wack em on, still need to go to garage to be checked like i said before and starts to run the costs up and you've really got to think, if im doing this will i really need to?? i personally wouldnt want to lower it for looks id rather carbon it all sort of thing.
renault did do a cracking job with the set up ( mines better :p lol ) but they just hit a line of cost, 133's stuff is quite cheap to replace compared to most. cheaper materials is used most of the time and aftermarket ones are made slightly better as they can justify the costs and materials used. dont think renault would be happy if it had to replace its shocks that are made out of titanium then steel under warenty. lol. the difference between the r2 and 133 set up is night and day which is way their funny with it being sold to 133 owner, pain to set up, never be used to fullest and very expensive.

If u want to improve any handling, & I agree with everyone else that Renault have set up the little cup spot on for our roads and if u have passengers . But rather than look at changing your full unit corners look at just having some springs made, but the only down fall is that if u have passengers the car will bottom out.

it aint gonna effect handling in a bad way;
good points ive found is about 0 bodyroll, tripods less but has more coils so will feel even firmer then it already is. i've had people moaning ho harsh the car is, with springs it got a bit worse
the worst thing you can do to effect handing is actually spacers/centric hub as that effects the chassis geometry the most, for theose after a bit of width go for smaller offset or wider alloys :D

any chance you can have a go in a members car near by with spings or coils on?

Not one near by i think after xmas i might just take the plunge :lol:

Can always sell them on if i dont like then for what ever reason :)

Just spoke with my local Apex supplyier and they have apex springs 25mm drop in stock wondering if i should give these a go first as there only just over £100 and if i want to go lower or coillies i can always take them off and sell them on

Just found pictures from dannys progess theard of the Apex springs so temping it looks rude :D

Attachments

• 68040ed5.jpg
    68040ed5.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 2,405
  • 12e464b1.jpg
    12e464b1.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 2,405
Hmmm do it get them and fit them thursday might see what deal they can do on them for me :)