lowering- How low is good/best for handling?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

singlespeed

Reaction score
Go on then, discarding the aesthetics, how low is best for handling:-
Standard ride height
25mm as thats the drop of many springs
Slam it till it scuffs

Discuss ;)

Some of you may guess its a slightly loaded question, but im curious to know your thoughts :)

My 133 handles a millions times better than my slammed c2

BradGT":1xkzcmrn said:
I said till it scuffs, not till your bulldozing the cats eyes from the road :lol: plus its a different car, so not just a comparison with height.

So, your saying standard is best, or not answering either way?

singlespeed":2xl4qoxm said:
BradGT":2xl4qoxm said:
I said till it scuffs, not till your bulldozing the cats eyes from the road :lol: plus its a different car, so not just a comparison with height.

So, your saying standard is best, or not answering either way?
I'm saying this ruins your suspension haha :D
u5u5ate8.jpg

Standard is better depending on the car, my GT wasn't too bad (although I fell out the seat a few times) but it doesn't even come close to a 133 with cup pack.
I don't see a need to improve handling but I can see the visual improvements

As long as you're not on a road full of trenches mine handles a ton better than it did standard. I guess some of it might be down to owning the car for longer and getting used to how much it can take and I've got other mods other than the adjustments to the ride height that alter the handling.

But to answer your question Neil I'm all for scuffing. :L

James-Hilton":u2es3dxu said:
Jesus how on earth did that car get over anything?! :L
It didn't get over anything haha, got stuck far too often

All depends if its a road car or trackcar, a track car can be lowered enough to be perfect on a racetrack but that'll be undriveable on the road as it won't go over any bumps at all.

Dropping a girl off at the end of her road instead of outside her house because the road is covered in speed bumps. Been there and it sucks. I was not popular. :L In all fairness it was day light and the weather was fine! :lol:

James-Hilton":26rqgcjy said:
Dropping a girl off at the end of her road instead of outside her house because the road is covered in speed bumps. Been there and it sucks. I was not popular. :L In all fairness it was day light and the weather was fine! :lol:
I know the feeling haha, especially when you can't park at work college or home!

After explaining it using a comparison of dragging an expensive handbag over the ground she understood. :L

waitey":2ers38u1 said:
All depends if its a road car or trackcar, a track car can be lowered enough to be perfect on a racetrack but that'll be undriveable on the road as it won't go over any bumps at all.
By that logic, Brads C2 must have been a track weapon :?

in my thoughts there are far too mitigating factors to take into account before you can consider right height heights. you need the correct damper setup in terms of how hard or soft they are and castor setup included in that line of thinking. for example raly cars sit like buses but we can't say that 'height' would determine the overall driveability of the vehicle in the way that some folk seem to think 'height' makes all of the difference. consider how to overcome body roll, spring oscillation rates, damping rates and length.

but lowering ride height in its defence is usually only about lowering the centre of gravity, but the lower you go the harder your dampers need to be and not many people take this into account with lowering springs so in my oppinion the driveability isn't changed at all. it's almost as if it is a placebo effect that with a firmer ride, comes good handling.

singlespeed":3n9kay50 said:
waitey":3n9kay50 said:
Sure was a track weapon! 1.1 8v power!

singlespeed":grz9y5qv said:
waitey":grz9y5qv said:
To be fair, the c2 did handle pretty damn well. Certainly surprised me on the way to Fcs last year anyway :lol:

As for the actual question, ain't got a clue. Never lowered a car so can't comment

I noticed a huge difference between the OEM dampers and the Weitec coilovers.

Alot more planted and more feel on the road, less body roll but not too harsh for the spine. I think Ghostz 133 on H&R springs is super hard compared to mine.

MovingShadow":172dqaet said:
I noticed a huge difference between the OEM dampers and the Weitec coilovers.

Alot more planted and more feel on the road, less body roll but not too harsh for the spine. I think Ghostz 133 on H&R springs is super hard compared to mine.

also yeah the lowering springs are nice but i still have alot of body roll ... and they are harsh cause of the Cup dampers + extra lowering so yeah :D but it is a cheap and good upgrade if you want something :D